Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: single or twins

Quality Time
    All of the smaller Magnums and Cigs I have seen run twins. I would not put anything less than that. There are factor to consider than top speed such as balance and how she will fly in the snot. Check the other sites like OSO, quite a few people have boats similar to yours and can give you first hand experience.
    Best of Luck.

u4ea32
    Single.
    The Boat US tow boats are ALL single engine, and they come out to rescue the broken down boats.
    Speed and fuel efficiency are closely linked by weight: the less weight the faster you go, and the less fuel you burn. A twin, unless absolutely wide open, has no performance advantage. But at all speeds, including wide open, it is far less efficient. 1500 lbs for the engine and drive etc, and then add in the extra fuel weight, and you are really dragging a lot of junk. All that junk sucks gas, and slows you down.
    Also, if the engines are not running at exactly the same speed, one is pushing, the other is dragging.
    I really wish my boat had a single engine instead of twin big blocks.

JJONES
    Bought A Boat Once,27 Foot Scarab With A Single,Went Out For The First Time And Spun A Rod Bearing,This Was In The Pacific About 5 Miles Out,Almost Didnt Get Back,Once I Fixed It,I Sold It--Never Do That Again,ALOST BECAME A MEXICAN WITH THE CURRENT.Now I Own A 38 With BBC Blown X2,Yes Its More Money But Its A Great Feeling To Know Im Getting Back!Never Been Passed By A Single!Boating Like All Other Pleasures Costs Money,You Just Have To Deal With It Or QUIT EVERYTHING, Stay At Home And Wish You Were Floating!!Good Luck!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123