Thread: Steering and reverse cables are moving

Mighty Thor
    K, I got the Motor in the CVX 20 and it actually fired off, so the next step is to head for the water to do some tuning. In looking at the set up for the steering and reverse cables, I need to do some adjusting for the new Jetovator that now rests where the old bowl and snoot used to be. When I went to move the steering cable out a little buy turning the steering wheel I observed from the inside of the boat that the whole cable, houseing and all was moving back and forth through the transom. I assume this is not supposed to happen, but before I start tearing things apart I thought I better get some idea of what is going on and what I should be trying to fix. On the up side the Big Bad Ford brought the neighbors running (bunch of doubting Thomases) and there were no bangs, clangs, or any other really scarry noises from the engine. Course I only let it run for a three count but it's a start all the same.

Squirtin Thunder
    K, I got the Motor in the CVX 20 and it actually fired off, so the next step is to head for the water to do some tuning. In looking at the set up for the steering and reverse cables, I need to do some adjusting for the new Jetovator that now rests where the old bowl and snoot used to be. When I went to move the steering cable out a little buy turning the steering wheel I observed from the inside of the boat that the whole cable, houseing and all was moving back and forth through the transom. I assume this is not supposed to happen, but before I start tearing things apart I thought I better get some idea of what is going on and what I should be trying to fix. On the up side the Big Bad Ford brought the neighbors running (bunch of doubting Thomases) and there were no bangs, clangs, or any other really scarry noises from the engine. Course I only let it run for a three count but it's a start all the same.
    Save the women and children the BBF is loose again !!!

Mighty Thor
    Yeah, After last weekends marathon install, and then a broken bolt in the water pump cover and then the miracle extraction of the broken stub without pulling the pan and front cover, I was sure hoping this would actually run. When it lit off my smile was so big you could have seen the edges of my grin from the back.

Squirtin Thunder
    Kind of like if this was at your door waiting for you right ???http://www.riverratlife.net/uploads/...cing_boobs.gif

Mighty Thor
    I don't mind her waiting for me at the door, but why does she always have to have the job jar in her hands when she greets me in that outfit?