Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plexi Splash Guards...

cyclone
    build it yourself. Lexan is super easy to work with if you have a heat gun or even a hair dryer. just have a freind help you. I built one for my buddy and all we did was buy lexan from Home Depot, make a template of the boat and then found a coffe can that had the same curve as the hull. We then heated the lexan with a heat gun and bent it around the coffee can to give us the exact curve of the boat. Drilled a few holes and Voila! It took all of about an hour to make. No way I'd pay someone 250 bucks to build something so easy.

greg shoemaker
    Speciality Marine is now part of L&LMarine and they still make windshields and splash guards. Wayne and Earls also does the same work and they are both located in Anaheim Ca. Greg

Blown Sleek
    Hey Greg if you are there I lost you'r E-mail address. Thanks for the time the other day I will bring you those other carbs this weekend after/before Elsinore Run what ya brung thing?? I told my buddy that he could have that impellor for his boat but we do not know if it will fit Legend pump?? His boat is 21 ft bow rider essex stock pump and 460 stock. Should cut impellor down? Just ski boat/wake board. No worries if you sold it as we spoke you had some lookers. Will you be there Sat or Sun? what is good time?
    Thanks again Tim

burbanite
    HavasuDreamin,
    sorry I did not reply to your question, I got real busy at work and never got back to this thread.
    Morse because its close, Raccoon sometimes and am hoping to venture furthur afield this season. I might try Freeman as well, I hear it has some worthwhile action and i have a couple of contacts out that way.
    I haven't had a chance to do anything to the ride over the winter although it sorely needs it! Might just use it the way it is and start the projects next year - wouldn't want to waste a nice weekend now would I?
    What about you? Where do you hang?

HavasuDreamin'
    Burbanite:
    Well, I am having a home built about 3 miles from Geist, so that will be the local Sunday puddle (although the home won't be finished until fall). Most likely I will see at least 3-4 weekends at Salamonie up north and Lake Monroe (if I can get down there during the week) in Bloomington hopefully once or twice. I went to racoon last year once and didn't like it, no sandy beaches and clay type bottom. Besides, it is a little small. Other places I have been are Lake James Chain (Angola), and Coldwater Chain (Coldwater, MI).
    My rig won't be ready to roll for about 3 weeks or so, but let me know when and where you are heading to, maybe we could hook up this summer.

disco_charger
    L&L off Lakewood and the 91 Fwy has a lot of that stuff, and they aren't that expensive. I think they're on Eisenhower where Fiberglass Concept and Advantage Boats used to be. Or maybe they still are...
    Disco

RiverDave
    300.00 dollars doesn't sound that outta line to me for a piece of Polished Plexi that's formed to your specifications..
    The material is pretty expensive, particularly when there going to have to take it out of a piece that large.
    RD
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited April 15, 2002).]

burbanite
    HD,
    Geist is also on my list as it is close, I live in Zionsville so I can just head East until I hit it.
    Smooth water is a requirement for my little boat, either that or a place to park and engage in some festivities....
    My first outing will be to Morse as I will have a couple of things to mess with first time out and it is easy for me to do that there. The guys at the marina know me and are real helpful if I need assistance.
    Friday evenings at the island is always an option as well.
    We should definitely get together sometime, I'll be in touch.

HavasuDreamin'
    Burbanite:
    Definately email me, except don't use the email in my profile, instead use madamson@keybank.com Like I said, it will be about 3 weeks before my last minute mod's are done. Maybe we could hook up in May or June when the weather is nice and warm.
    I have a 19' Eliminator Daytona (O/B), so I know what you mean about smooth water, although YOU REALLY need smooth water. Morse isn't far, so I could venture up that way.
    Keep in touch!
    HD -out

stressedout
    Burbanite,
    HD, Hey you guys should check out dale hollow in N. Tenn. 100's of hot boats on the holiday wk. ends. I have a 85 sanger hydro that i run down there. If not maybe we can get together over your way. I have a friend s. of dayton with a 83 sanger hydro,i'm just east of dayton oh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast