Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plexi Splash Guards...

HavasuDreamin'
    No shit, we all ought to hook up for a mid-west hot boat weekend sometime. I don't mind traveling a LITTLE. During a normal year, I would definately be heading down to Dale Hollow. But, this year I am having a home built, getting married and going on the Honeymoon, so my vacation time is going to be taken up with that which rules out 4 & 5 day trips.
    Stressed out.... are there any decent water ways in western ohio? I would be up for that. Brookville is near Cincy on the Indiana side, but I am not to hot on that lake (no beaches & lots of slow area). If there is something in western Ohio, perhaps Burbanite and I could hook up and tailgate over to ohio for a weekend to join you and some others.
    Keep in touch, I would really like to get something going. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

gnarley
    You might check with a local Plactic house like we have up here in the nor cal called Tap Plastics. They do custom plexi and lexan cut and bent to shape and for a reasonable price.

stressedout
    HD, We don't have many lakes over this way to run the hydros, thats why we go to dale hollow. Been to brookville it sucked really rough. We will probally be going to the ohio river in Aug. went last yr., it's called rumble on the river,about 200 boats showed last yr.It's about 70 miles east of cincy. Just a bunch of hot boaters gettin together. Is there any decent lakes over your way?

HavasuDreamin'
    Yes, there are several lakes over this way, but on the weekends they can get rough. Around Indianapolis, the local puddles (exactly what they are) are Geist and Morse. Both are reservoirs, but are crowded on the weekends. North of Indianapolis about 1 1/2 hours is Salamonie Reservoir. It is near Peru/Wabash Indiana. This is a great reservoir. Not to small, yet not too big and it is sort of in the middle of no where so it doesn't get real crowded. I will definately be heading up there a few times this summer. I have a couple of buddies from Ft. Wayne that usually meet me there, both with hot boats (one O/B, one jet). South, in Bloomington, Indiana is Lake Monroe. This is a beautiful lake, but it is rather large which is great during the weekdays, but I have heard that on the weekends it is REALLY rough. I have never been on the water there, but have driven down and seen it. I am really intrigued by this lake. There is camping right on the water with private launch ramp in the camp ground (nice big ramp). I am thinking about heading down there for 4th of July, maybe on Wed. Thurs. and Fri. since the 4th is on Thurs. Hopefully I get some good water.
    If your looking to get out on the water and hang out with some fellow ***boaters, you should come out this way! Mostly, I get in a few speed runs early and then find a nice sand bar somewhere to hang out and bat the breeze with everyone while floating around and having a few beverages.
    Do you camp, or are you more of the hotel type? Perhaps, we could meet up in Indy and all tailgate up to Salamonie one weekend. I figure if Burbanite, Myself, you and a couple other ***boaters show, we could have a heck of a time. Keep in touch. I don't mind doing the leg work in terms of reservations and such should you decide to come this way!
    HD -out http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123