Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the skinny on Cheetah Boats?

Lake Ape
    So what's up with Cheetah Boats, they seem to have a lot lower resale price than similar boats. Are they chopper boats or lay up? What about general quality? Are they cheaper than other builders for reason?

pixilatedpussy
    I dont know why they are so much more reasonable. Maybe because they have such small overhead?? We have one and love it! :smile:

Beer-30
    I looked at them years ago, when I was thinking of new. It was explained to me that they just don't have the overhead of others. They don't advertise, and their shop is pretty old and off of the main strip. The build shop is small in comparison to others I have visited in the area. Most of their completed stuff is outside instead of in. I don't know if this is the reason or not, but I sure see alot of happy Cheetah owners!

caroftheweek
    before we purchased our magic, we looked at the cheetah's. They are nice boats but did not seem to have the advancements that the others had, fiberglass inner liners, stainless seat bases, finished glass in the engine bay, etc. This does not make them bad but we had just sold a boat with carpeted wood floors and seat bases and we did not want that in our new boat. but for most people, those things may not be a big deal and $30k less is very tempting. JMHO.
    Ryan

Lake Ape
    This is the boat that brings up the question in my mind, seems much more reasonable than the other nice newer 21's available around here. I am going to look at this Friday.
    http://images.traderonline.com/EMedi...0470757214.jpg
    Cheetah (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/8/78786908.htm)
    It's bitch when you have to finance a boat and don't have a ton of cash to put down!!

Mandelon
    Perception is key. They have a lower resale because people who know, have the perception that they are not as well built.
    There are high end builders, middle tier builders and "value" builders. We all know it. Sure, we all cheerlead our own boat brand, but we know there is a difference.
    If a Cheetah was as good as a Schiada or a DCB they'd cost just as much. Why does a Hyundai cost less than a BMW? They are both fine cars....but one costs less......

Havasu_Dreamin
    Are they cheaper than other builders for reason?
    Yes.

Lake Ape
    Perception is key. They have a lower resale because people who know, have the perception that they are not as well built.
    There are high end builders, middle tier builders and "value" builders. We all know it. Sure, we all cheerlead our own boat brand, but we know there is a difference.
    If a Cheetah was as good as a Schiada or a DCB they'd cost just as much. Why does a Hyundai cost less than a BMW? They are both fine cars....but one costs less......
    That was my question in the first place, are they junk or not? I know they aren't a Schiada but I can't finance Jordy's so I am left with what I can afford. Is it junk or not?

Kilrtoy
    That was my question in the first place, are they junk or not? so I am left with what I can afford. Is it junk or not?
    Only you can decide that question

Havasu_Dreamin
    Only you can decide that question
    Best post on this thread.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast