Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: What is the skinny on Cheetah Boats?

Big Warlock
    I need to go to the store for more popcorn!!!!
    Can we talk about how a KIA is alot like a benz next????!!!

Wicked Game
    You are wrong........ That is one thing I checked on.....They are not the standard home depot screws..... The ones in my boat arent black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And we all know that buying a new boat is all about the screws we get on it............oh...you're all talk about the kind with threads

TCHB
    KIA and BENZ Comp
    You are not talking apples to apples becuase of the engines, transmission, brakes, safety systems, suspention systems, radios, interior quality, and body structure are not the same. When you compare Cheetah to other boats it is hard to find the major dollar difference when the most expensive parts are the same in both boats. If the engine package is the same price where is the $30K difference in 24 ft boat??

pixilatedpussy
    I can't believe I just spent an hour of my life reading about Cheetah Boats and their owners. Amazing what people will write about, and how upset they will get defending their colors (sports team, boat, ford or chevy) whatever they strongly believe.
    I always see a yellow & orange 24 deck boat, moored in front of a house in Needles. I have never seen it move, it's in the water and then gone, maybe the owner just puts it in and out of the water? For some reason my eyes are always drawn to it. I don't know if it's the colors or the boat or. I don't have an answer, but it still is a "nice boat" even if it's a so called "Cheep Cheetah". Remember, if you can have a nice Ford, you can have a nice Cheetah.
    When I see it, I think it probably is a cheap boat (price) but I still like it, you like what you like that's why there is a choice...
    well said

Tom Brown
    So what's up with Cheetah Boats...
    Well... they're no Glastron.

DogHouse
    Nice trim tabs
    Guages are bottom of the barrel
    Shifter Throttle is acceptable
    Pull up or pop up?
    3 inches.... totally unnacceptable.
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!! ONE YEAR!!
    RD
    Well if you don't approve, step up the the mill and help a brutha out!

jbone
    I had a 17' glastron a couple of years ago.
    It was cool when I got to tow back a $40,000 custom boat. And no it wasn't a Cheetah. My little 4 cyl got two families and two boats back to the ramp about 5 miles away during a storm on about 10 gals of gas.
    I've stepped up now, Shockwave baby!!!!
    J

bigq
    So ...WTF!!!!!!! are you getting a Cheetah or what?????? :devil:

Danzo
    I'm not sure why you say this. My 23 would pop on plane so fast I couldn't believe it, even with just part throttle. Same tunnel bottom as the 24. Perhaps there was something odd about your setup, balance, prop, etc, that made yours sluggish. In general I don't think that's a fair assessment.

My 23' had the dame problem. I had a scorpion 377. FOREVER TO PLANE!

Big Warlock
    Most of the hardware is the same. That makes it easy to figure out where the differences are! But we have been asked not to discuss it for various reasons. I have another favorite boat of mine that we are not allowed to talk about either. Both boat builders have sold to people I have a lot of respect for.
    However, make no mistake. I love all of boats, but will one day, hopefully in the near future, be referred to as Big Outerlimits!!! :boxed: