Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the skinny on Cheetah Boats?

dicudmore
    My boat is always open for a tour as well..... Just wave me down....
    I tried that last time in Steamboat...next time I'll swim over :wink:

Beer-30
    Hey Dicudmore: I was going to try to hit BV this Sunday. You gonna be local or at the river?

jayd_jr
    I tried that last time in Steamboat...next time I'll swim over :wink:
    I never saw you "wave me over" ........... You better learn how to swim first.. :boxingguy

Beer-30
    They make a top mount version of a t nut. The base mushrooms as you tighten, somewhat like a pop rivet. I'm used them several times, they work well.
    The guy put these in the resined wood bases before putting the pillows back on. Put new foam in too. He pulled the T-nuts in with a bolt and washer and "set" them for me. I just go new stainless #10x3/4 bolts and slapped them onto the seat hinges. Works great.
    That's good to know, though. If I have any need for them, I know they are out there. :wink:

dicudmore
    Hey Dicudmore: I was going to try to hit BV this Sunday. You gonna be local or at the river?
    planning to be at the river but we'll be up for a BV trip soon I'm sure

moneypit
    Damn Cheetah owners...they rape all the posts. :hammerhea

don johnson
    I have to jump in here....
    I have a close friend that owns a 24 Cheetah and it is a very nice boat regardless of the whole price/ value debate. I will tell you that I have riden in this boat numerous times and it performs exceptionally well. Takes a very nice set, turns on a rail, has the top end of many catamarans in the same size and handles the chop very well. This boat I make reference to has aged exceptionally well, has no stress related cracking and the interior has stood up very well to the elements.
    I happen to own a large Eliminator tunnel and have a pretty sharp eye for detail so I make the above comment from a fairly informed position.

Big Warlock
    Wan't it a new Cheetah that was stolen by "family members" and then launched airborne and came apart when landing nose first on a windy day after hitting a wake someplace near Black Meadow Landing?
    There was a lot of debate whether any boat could have survived the nose dive into the lake.
    I do know that Dan is happy with his and has invited me to go through it next time we find ourselves on the same lake together.
    Wicked Game was mistaken on his comments on Warlock. He loves his. We are just getting a couple of Ouerterlimits when a few deals go through!! :hammerhea
    Rob

dicudmore
    Wan't it a new Cheetah that was stolen by "family members" and then launched airborne and came apart when landing nose first on a windy day after hitting a wake someplace near Black Meadow Landing?
    There was a lot of debate whether any boat could have survived the nose dive into the lake.
    I do know that Dan is happy with his and has invited me to go through it next time we find ourselves on the same lake together.
    Wicked Game was mistaken on his comments on Warlock. He loves his. We are just getting a couple of Ouerterlimits when a few deals go through!! :hammerhea
    Rob
    Was it a Cheetah?? The report said it was a 25' Cheetah and Bob DOES NOT have a 25' model... ??? So were they wrong about the size or the builder?
    Either way I don't know many boats that withstand nose-diving :wink:
    Outerlimits its not, but Rob that tour is avail any time...can be scheduled at lake havasu just about any weekend
    With the exception being the mohave picnic weekend

jayd_jr
    Rob
    This boat was not a cheetah....... It was speculation and confirmed by the builder that is was not. Please dont bring that up again....

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast