Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the skinny on Cheetah Boats?

Beer-30
    planning to be at the river but we'll be up for a BV trip soon I'm sure
    Awight.

Kilrtoy
    I second this............. I wonder what kind of boat I could afford if I sold all my assets just to buy 1 bitchen boat and maybe a couple nice cars........but instead we choose to own an array of items that are COST effective but also fun!!! Great boat and lots of fun!!!! :smile:
    And who is this directed at.......

Mandelon
    And who is this directed at.......
    They didn't mention anything about a pile of glass dildoes so it CAN'T be you....

slowinhavasuskid
    So if you want my opinion on Cheetah Boats (and you don't) take a couple of hours and go to their shop and see for yourself exactly how they put their boats together. Do they use Marine Grade Plywood? Do they they Stainless Steel Screws? What is their lay up schedule? etc. These are questions that only you can decide are up to your standards or not. You be the one to decide because no matter what you are going to be the only one that can decide weather or not this is the boat for you!

Kilrtoy
    They didn't mention anything about a pile of glass dildoes so it CAN'T be you....
    Those are all sold out, how do you think I paid for that DCB.....

FULL BOAT
    HI
    IN RESPONSE TO YOUR QUESTION:
    WE PURCHASED A 24 FT CHEETAH STILETTO IN APRIL. WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE BOAT AND IT DID PERFORM VERY WELL ON OUR FIRST TRIP OUT. WE WOULD NEVER HAVE THOUGHT OF TRADING IT IN, BUT AS FATE WOULD HAVE IT AND A POSITIVE INFLUX OF CASH$$ WE WERE ABLE TO TRADE IT IN FOR A 28 FOOT MAGIC CAT, WHICH IS ALWAYS WHAT WE WANTED. THE CHEETAH HANDLES GREAT AND WAS EXTREMELY QUICK. IT HAS EVERY OPTION THAT BOB AT CHEETAH OFFERED WITH THE BEST STEREO AND ALL THE REST! IT HAS A 496 HO AND A WILD PAINT JOB. WE USED THE BOAT FOR A DAY SO IT HAS NO HOURS ON IT AND IS BRAND NEW!!!!! THE BOAT IS ON THE MAGIC POWER BOAT WEB PAGE AT WWW.MAGICBOATS.COM!! TAKE A LOOK AT IT - I AM SURE YOU CAN GET A GOOD DEAL. CALL BRETT IN THE PHOENIX OFFICE - HIS # IS ON THE WEB PAGE. THE BOAT IS IN LAKE HAVASU. BRIGHT YELLOW WITH COLORED FLAMES. BOB AT CHEETAH (HE IS THE OWNER) WAS GREAT TO DEAL WITH - HIS SHOP IS NO-FRILLS, BUT HE IS A FAIR AND HONEST BUSINESS MAN. AS I SAID ABOVE - WE WERE EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE BOAT. WE JUST CAME ACROSS OUR DREAM BOAT AND WERE ABLE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. THE STILETTO HANDLES THE CHOP GREAT!!!! GOOD LUCK!! :rollside:

hot_diggity_dog
    So if you want my opinion on Cheetah Boats (and you don't) take a couple of hours and go to their shop and see for yourself exactly how they put their boats together. Do they use Marine Grade Plywood? Do they they Stainless Steel Screws? What is their lay up schedule? etc. These are questions that only you can decide are up to your standards or not. You be the one to decide because no matter what you are going to be the only one that can decide weather or not this is the boat for you!
    45 plus years building custom boats, he must know or a least forgot something? :wink:
    HDD

MOBrien
    back in March of '04 we purchased our first boat. A '00 Cheetah Stiletto. It had 105 hours on it and it was what we had in the budget. We had been seriously looking for a boat for about 6 months and we determined it had everything that we needed within that budget. This is our first boat so we didn't choose a boat with all the optioned items that you'll find on the high-end builders. This is because we wanted to make sure that owning a boat is something that we really want to commit to long term. To us, purchasing a boat isn't something that we were going to just go out and drop 100K on without knowing the family would enjoy it and that we'd use it as much as we talked about using a boat....two very different things for different people. I'm a huge fan of the new Howards, Ultra's, Magics, Eliminators, DCB's, etc...etc... and would love to own a custom one some day.....but for now we love our Stiletto. We've had it for just over a year now and have put about 80 really fun hours on it so far. And again, in going with a Cheetah we didn't break the bank "test driving" the hobby of boating. It's fairly quick, takes mid-afternoon chop very well, turns on a dime, and is spacious enough for two families to hit the lake...that was our criteria. Now that we know boating is something we love to do as a family and will commit ourselves to for a long time to come.....we are planning on stepping up, but not because we're unsatisfied with our boat, we just know that we are boaters for life now and we're comfortable with spending more on the next one in another year or so....whatever that next one is. I've seen pics of a lot of sweet boats on these boards that are surely coming up for sale when we're ready to move up.
    Cheetah = great boat in that price range.
    my $.02
    -MOB

Danzo
    I got absolutely hammered on a post a few months back about "Commanders and Cheetah's". The truth is I owned a Cheetah stilletto. Dollar for dollar, it is what it is. Less quality all the way around. Cheap carpet, cheap electrical, cheap hardware, very decent gel/paint graphics, cheap fiberglass layup. Yopu better have a decent motor package in the boat you choose because if you dont you will not get on plane in any rough water. That is a fact. All in all I would look at what you can afford and outweigh the pro's vs. con's but anyone and everyone knows that a Cheetah is what it is. A not great boat, but not a shitty boat at an affordable price.
    Look at some used boats in the same price range you are looking to spend. There is always a diamond in the rough. Another key is look under the dash at thier wiring, then go look at other boats. Just my .02

hot_diggity_dog
    Cheap carpet,
    You can choose any carpet you want!
    Cheap electrical,
    For another 30k I think you could have the whole boat rewired? even under the dash! LOL
    Cheap hardware,
    You can choose any hardware they make, like Eddie Marine.
    All in all I would look at what you can afford and outweigh the pro's vs. con's but anyone and everyone knows that a Cheetah is what it is. A not great boat, but not a shitty boat at an affordable price.
    Bingo!!!
    HDD

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast