Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 25' sleek- 4400 rpm,45mph--problem?

BobbyB
    pulled intake and low and behold there is a fu**ing red shop rag twisted around my camshaft!
    that sounds like something that would happen to me.

gregr1971
    Yea !!! That would suck if it was your rag. :idea:
    there is no way possible that it could be my rag...........................i use my wifes kitchen towels....

gregr1971
    good news! returned motor and they are going to handle it,and install the correct 270h cam and degree it for me, and i want to put on the pan!

BobbyB
    right on. glad to hear that it worked out. that would've suct if they gave you the shang-hai treatment.

gregr1971
    thanks for the guidance fellas,squirtin thunder advised me that my cam was to BIG and recomended the 270h comp,thats good, if i wouldn't have pulled the intake to begin the cam swap,theres no telling what would have happend inside! Jim ,I Love You Man,but you cant have my bud light,get you a coors on me! :wink:

manuel
    I was wondering what the final outcome was ?,
    I also has a 25' Sleekcraft (3,800 lbs. with no gas or gear) 60 over 454 w/low compression pistons, 122cc chamber heads & small valves, A/B impeller, 510 lift cam, 750 Holley vac. sec. I top out at 51.7mph at 4,500 rpm(two people,full tanks,cooler and lots of junk on board), the boat performs like a motorhome, the speed stays about the same whether I have five adults, three kids, coolers, porta-potty and full fuel load or just me with 20 gallons fuel, from going through the specs on whats in my engine my engine builder friends think I'm putting out about 280 HP max, only positive is I get the same top speed on cheap low octane as I do on 93 octane, and a fill up is 60 gallons, I burn up 30gal. in a full day's use.
    '77 Sleekcraft 25' video clip (http://www.zippyvideos.com/136148718452275.html)

the boat performs like a motorhome, the speed stays about the same whether I have five adults, three kids, coolers, porta-potty and full fuel load or just me with 20 gallons fuel
    Check for shop towels!
    I know people that drive w/ out a seatbelt on too, doesn't mean it's safe....
    I'm fairly certain that if your boat burnt, and the insurance compay found out that you had a non marine carb, you would not like what happens. $50 saved now, who knows how much it costs you in the future.
    BJH
    What is this i n s u r a n c e thing of which you speak?
    You crazy hippy you..............Insurance with open headers and a jetpump? You must be a prop (OB) guy or something.

Aduner2
    [QUOTE=gregr1971] If i were to put the same exact motor & pump in a lighter boat what would i gain?, more holeshot,more rpm,more speed? OR will my motor still only turn 4400 rpm in a lighter boat?QUOTE]
    Yes to all of the above, except the more rpm part.

andrewebster
    i have the same boat as you i bought it from a guy who said that the boat has mild cam and and thats it the carb that is on there is a holly 750 and my motor turns 5200rpms at 57 mph something is wrong with your boat

andrewebster
    i have the same boat as you i bought it from a guy who said that the boat has mild cam and and thats it the carb that is on there is a holly 750 and my motor turns 5200rpms at 57 mph something is wrong with your boat

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast