Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Don Pedro lately?

UltraStealth
    Anyone been to DP lately? Just wondering what the water level is like. I hear it is way up. I'll be out there on a houseboat Aug 20th - 25th.

SBullet
    I hear the water level is up!! That is a cool lake to rent a house boat, I have done it over 4th of July four times. Havent been upthere in a couple of years though.

Sleeper
    The lake levell is just under 800 feet. It should be well above 800 in August.
    Check this link
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LDPScuttlebutt/message/2

UltraStealth
    Thanks for the info. We have been doing trips there since I was a kid. For the last 7 years we rent a houseboat for a week. I is definitely a great lake. The only thing it lacks is sandy beaches. Even though you can pull the boat up on shore, it would be nice to have sandy beaches. Has anyone been to Lake Melones? Is it nice, any input would be helpful.
    Thanks!

69 Elim
    I'll be at D.P. at the end of july - I've driven by it several times, gonna boat there for the first time this year. The worst thing about the central valley lakes (although there are alot of them to choose from), is the lack of sandy beaches.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Anyone been to DP lately?
    Nope.

Eliminator 4 Life
    I was there sunday to take the boat back to storage and it is looking sweet. ill be there for memorial and Im there every year for the 4th of July the fireworks kick a$$. Im there usually every weekend when not in Havasu

UltraStealth
    Thanks for all the input. I am looking forward to heading up there. I am trying to make more truips up that way, and hopefully this summer I will be there more than once. Elim4life, take some pics if you happen to go up there over Memorial.
    US

tamalewagon
    My wife and I are going up in the first week of June. Any campground recommendations? (with hookups)

UltraStealth
    Fleming Meadows is the best place to camp. Here is their website: http://www.donpedrolake.com/Camping_Home.aspx
    US

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast