Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for Jay or anyone in the know???

al cole'holic
    Personally I think the benefit of the 6 speed would be the move up to a bigger gear, which I would have done on my lifted '04 D-Max but was afraid of winding out the 5th gear and losing some gas mileage...

PHOTOGLOU
    So you can order as early as now for the 2006... I have a 04, duramax, and I have heard that 2007 will be a new body style, have you heard any news on that? The day I can order one I will :mix:
    I have heard the 08 silverado will have the new body style where as 07 sub and tahoe will have the new body august is normally the month you see the following year vehicles aug 04 = 05 model aug 05 = 06 model

LHC30Victory
    Jay, put us in line for a new Sub w/duramax and Allison. We will trade in this truck when they are available.....

Jordy
    Personally I think the benefit of the 6 speed would be the move up to a bigger gear
    Actually, 5th gear becomes 6th. There is a split between 2nd and 3rd I believe (but it might be 3rd and 4th), so the final ratio stays the same, at least that's the story I heard from someone who knows a thing or two about Allison transmissions.

cdog
    Good info here. Thanks Jay... From the LE80 to the Allison 5 speed there is a world of diferance so i'm sure the new 6 speed will be even better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12