Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat Suggestions...

Lake Ape
    First thanks for all the information on Cheetah Boats, it was greatly appreciated!
    Thanks a lot everyone! That was what I was looking for. Basically my situation is this, I make decent money but since I build houses I usually have it all tied up in my next project (spec home). I have great credit though. I don't want to do a home equity loan or a LIBOR loan or I would just buy Jordy's Schiada. I want a low payment and want to put down the minium amount possible so the boat has to sell for somewhere around the book value which is very difficult to find. I almost had that Eliminator Daytona bought but by the time I had the financing all put together the guy sold it the day I was going to pick it up hours before I got there. I just want a nice quality boat that I can have fun on the lake and tow a tube or skier and still get some decent speed out of it. I won't being goint to Mead but I will go to Havasu, Powell, Pleasant and the River so a flat bottom is out of the question, LOL. I have the loan set up now for about $26K. Any suggestions would be great, but the boat has to be around book value for it work.
    Thanks,
    Lake Ape!

bigq
    First thanks for all the information on Cheetah Boats, it was greatly appreciated!
    Thanks a lot everyone! That was what I was looking for. Basically my situation is this, I make decent money but since I build houses I usually have it all tied up in my next project (spec home). I have great credit though. I don't want to do a home equity loan or a LIBOR loan or I would just buy Jordy's Schiada. I want a low payment and want to put down the minium amount possible so the boat has to sell for somewhere around the book value which is very difficult to find. I almost had that Eliminator Daytona bought but by the time I had the financing all put together the guy sold it the day I was going to pick it up hours before I got there. I just want a nice quality boat that I can have fun on the lake and tow a tube or skier and still get some decent speed out of it. I won't being goint to Mead but I will go to Havasu, Powell, Pleasant and the River so a flat bottom is out of the question, LOL. I have the loan set up now for about $26K. Any suggestions would be great, but the boat has to be around book value for it work.
    Thanks,
    Lake Ape!
    Howard 22, Nordic 25 Scandia, Caliber 1 23, Ultra 23XS
    I think Keith at conquest has a clean 22', but I would guess it more then 26k.
    Good Luck

Roman 1
    I won't being goint to Mead but I will go to Havasu, Powell, Pleasant and the River so a flat bottom is out of the question, LOL. .
    Thanks,
    Lake Ape!
    I boat on Havasu, Mead, Mojave, Pleasant, the river and Tahoe (with a flatbottom...), you can be a sheep in the crowd with a yuppie boat or grow a pair and get a custom flatbottom (no 2 are the same).
    How many people on here ride a rigid frame Harley? The flatbottom is the liquid equivilant but quicker & faster. like the rigid, a flatbottom seperates the men from the yuppies.
    Happy Hunting whatever you get :sleeping:
    Romanator 1 !

Goodtime$
    Do yourself a favor..if you buy something cheap you end up pooring $Kkkksss into it to keep the bad boy floating...get something that is worth the money.
    buy it nice or buy it twice!!!!
    22 howard
    21 Hallett
    23 Ultra
    some advantages etc nordics..anything that will handle rough stuff will keep the females happy...buy now before all the good inventory gets bought up....cheers have FUN

dmontzsta
    I boat on Havasu, Mead, Mojave, Pleasant, the river and Tahoe (with a flatbottom...), you can be a sheep in the crowd with a yuppie boat or grow a pair and get a custom flatbottom (no 2 are the same).
    How many people on here ride a rigid frame Harley? The flatbottom is the liquid equivilant but quicker & faster. like the rigid, a flatbottom seperates the men from the yuppies.
    Happy Hunting whatever you get :sleeping:
    Romanator 1 !
    I would like to add a +1 to this.

Goodtime$
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/3/76445863.htm
    this boat has been for sale for a while...if you like it, low ball the price..cheers

dmontzsta
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/3/76445863.htm
    this boat has been for sale for a while...if you like it, low ball the price..cheers
    nice boat, too bad it wasnt a V-DRIVE.

Biglue
    Someone posted buying a regular runabout. It would not be such a bad idea for the money you want to spend. You will at least be able to buy one of the nicer more recent ones. I own what is now my 2nd boat. I went from 20 to 26 ft and spent twice the money. There is a huge difference between the two on the water. The other thing is going used. Once you buy new you will be doing nothing but taking a hit inthe pocket. Both my boats have been used and have had good luck. Just my opinion. I had to make that choice with the first one I bought.

Lake Ape
    Anyone see the new classified ad for the the Schiada Copy?
    1988 24'
    Sister boat to the famous Schiada 24' "Ringleader", this boat comes complete with a 540 Bulldog, Silent Choice Exhaust, Newer Interior & Carpet, Teak Swim Step, Bimini Top, Bravo 1, Custom Tri-Axle Trailer, Custom Cover, Beautiful Ride.
    $ 24,500.00 OBO
    Call (626) 744-3009 ext | E-Mail Seller | Listing Date:May-17-05
    http://www.***boat.com/classifieds/a...ges/1080_1.jpg
    What do you all think of this?

Goodtime$
    my last boats were older Eliminators and anything older you have to poor money into. than i bought a new boat, but if i had to go back. I would just look for a good condition Hallett or Howard. no disrespect to other builders, every boat is perfect for someone but these two seem to outlast time better than most. Granted its no schiada, but the Vectors are fun....
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/79367957.htm
    cash talks....make it happen, first round of beers is on me on the water..best of luck, buy something you can keep, get parts for and know people can help you out on the history and hull work etc, be prepaired for everything and you will be happier.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast