Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat Suggestions...

Keith E. Sayre
    Being a Schiada owner, I say go for Jordy's boat. the 21' V drive with a little
    bit of power is the funnest boat that I've ever driven. It'll take rough water
    that will scare people to death the first time they're in it. then once they're
    used to it, you won't ever be able to scare them. It's a very confidence
    inspiring boat. They'll run over 100 mph in waist high chop and put a smile
    on your face! OK if Jordy's boat doesn't work, the 24' Schiada would also
    be a great boat and your wife will like it better. I've seen 24' Schiadas go
    through water most 28 and 29's wouldn't dare to deal with. It's a wonderful
    bottom but does take a bit of hp to make it run hard. I sound like a Schiada
    salesman. (actually I am not, just a big fan).The 24' boat in that photo used to belong to Lynn Singleton who is a contractor here in Lake Havasu City.
    When it was sold about 7 years ago, it was in great shape.
    In reference to Big G's comment about me having a 22Howard for sale. I do.
    I have a 95 Howard 22' Offshore open bow for $30,000, 502 Mag, extremely
    clean boat, loaded with all the options.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    928-680-1400

Sportin' Wood
    Here's two cents for ya,
    I have been running the same boat for 7 years, I have slowly dumped money into it over the 7 years I paid a reasonable amount and am sure I can at least get my money out that I paid for the purchase.
    like it was said above if you are gonna buy used, you better get a good hull.
    I went with a late 70's Hallett. Great timeless boat. It eats gas, but I have run it from below parker to as far up as mead. paid cash so when it sits big deal.
    I'm now looking to up grade to a bigger boat so I am doing research as we speak. Looking to pay cash again, and buy something I can get out of if I need to. I am in the const. biz as well so I am always looking for the down turn. I found that if I'm not dumping coin on interest I like my boat alot better. Nothing worse then a payment on something you don't have time to use.
    For what its worth.... good luck.

My Man's Sportin' Wood

note: this is not meant to imply our Hallett is for sale

hallett 260
    my last boats were older Eliminators and anything older you have to poor money into. than i bought a new boat, but if i had to go back. I would just look for a good condition Hallett or Howard. no disrespect to other builders, every boat is perfect for someone but these two seem to outlast time better than most. Granted its no schiada, but the Vectors are fun....
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/79367957.htm
    cash talks....make it happen, first round of beers is on me on the water..best of luck, buy something you can keep, get parts for and know people can help you out on the history and hull work etc, be prepaired for everything and you will be happier.....
    This Vector is my buddies boat. I can testify that it is in great cond. He has maintained it perfectly. It rides incredible. Does an honest 70 with a 454 mag. I thought of buying it just for how much fun it is. He just bought a house so make him a deal.
    Zach

Jordy
    Being a Schiada owner, I say go for Jordy's boat.
    Hey, I like that idea. Thanks Keith.

Squirtin Thunder

Sure it is !!!!

Sportin' Wood
    Sure it is !!!!
    Naw, I'm gonna keep her or awhile. I don't want to have to change my user name. :wink:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Naw, I'm gonna keep her or awhile. I don't want to have to change my user name. :wink:
    Are you talking about me, or the boat???? :hammerhea

Debbolas

LOL

Roman 1
    No disrespect to the flat bottom guys, but if you like to keep your filling in your teeth stay away from that type of boat. Havasu is rough most of the time; go for a smooth riding hull, especially if you will be taking females.
    It’s not fun listing to the bitching, “slow down it’s too ruff”.
    Spoken like a true sissy :sleeping: ...
    and what kind of foo foo chicks do you haul around? Your supposed to be a man (I think), sack up and represent...
    R1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast