Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PIT BULL: how many times have ya seen this one...

HammerDown
    Actually last week a group of little 4 year old's were riding their bikes in the driveway (just riding by)...they went past a neighbors very big Bit Bull that was on a leash that was looped over a fence post. The Dog went nuts :220v: broke loose and bit the kid on his ass and leg. I ran in my garage where I was standing and grabed a 14 lb sledge hammer ready to open that dogs F'ing head ...Luckly the dogs owner was there to get the dog off the little boy.

schiada96
    The breed needs to done away with.And before you guys jump on me I had one his name was Mister. Sweet dog around me just don't let him around anyone else or any animal. Put him down without a regret.

Phat Matt
    A Chihuahahahahahahahahahahh killing somebody is a good storyline. A pit killing somebody is old news.
    Yo quiero bebé.

NOTALENT
    wow...thats harsh..I feel sorry for the family and little girl..but the owner did take precaution and kept the dog inside and posted signs. Someone posted here before the dog attack ratios...I believe it was the golden retrievers and black labs that had the most attacks..people just tend to point out the pitbulls because of there history and the way some owners raise them. Yes they do have Lock Jaw...once its locked..there aint no breaking it loose..no bat, kicking it in the nuts..or anything works..

Aqua Boogie1
    Well years ago, it was the Doberman Pinchers. Known for turning on thier owners and other people. I don't know..................I just don't agree with doing away with the breed. You do that, instead of drug dealers on the corner selling drugs, they'll be selling pit bulls too............................. Just me guys..............Im done.

Tom Brown
    Actually last week a group of little 4 year old's were riding their bikes in the driveway (just riding by)...they went past a neighbors very big Bit Bull that was on a leash that was looped over a fence post. The Dog went nuts :220v: broke loose and bit the kid on his ass and leg. I ran in my garage where I was standing and grabed a 14 lb sledge hammer ready to open that dogs F'ing head ...Luckly the dogs owner was there to get the dog off the little boy.
    It's not just about controlling the dog so it doesn't hurt somebody. Why should the kids in the neighborhood be scared shitless of a mean dog? That's not right, IMO.
    With some dogs it's pretty clear that, when the owner isn't around, the dog will try to hurt someone. It doesn't matter what breed it is, one mistake by the owner and someone gets clobbered.
    I'm largely against litigation but I believe that if someone wants to take a chance on a mean dog because they think it's really a sweet dog that is misunderstood because of all the saliva spraying from it's teeth when it barks like a savage, the owner should have their balls sawed off in court when the forget to close the gate and the dog hurts someone. If there is no consequence, it comes down to the owner taking a chance with other people's safety with no risk to themselves. Fock that.

NOTALENT
    The breed needs to done away with
    THATS BS!!! That would be comparable to Genocide!!! Horrible statement...red neg points! :yuk:

Phat Matt
    Although pit bull mixes and Rottweillers are most likely to kill and seriously maim, fatal attacks since 1975 have been attributed to dogs from at least 30 breeds.
    The most horrifying example of the lack of breed predictibility is the October 2000 death of a 6-week-old baby, which was killed by her family's Pomeranian dog. The average weight of a Pomeranian is about 4 pounds, and they are not thought of as a dangerous breed. Note, however, that they were bred to be watchdogs! The baby's uncle left the infant and the dog on a bed while the uncle prepared her bottle in the kitchen. Upon his return, the dog was mauling the baby, who died shortly afterwards. ("Baby Girl Killed by Family Dog," Los Angeles Times, Monday, October 9, 2000, Home Edition, Metro Section, Page B-5.)
    In all fairness, therefore, it must be noted that:
    Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner most often is responsible -- not the breed, and not the dog.
    An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
    Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be likely to bite. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.

C-2
    Although pit bull mixes and Rottweillers are most likely to kill and seriously maim, fatal attacks since 1975 have been attributed to dogs from at least 30 breeds.
    The most horrifying example of the lack of breed predictibility is the October 2000 death of a 6-week-old baby, which was killed by her family's Pomeranian dog. The average weight of a Pomeranian is about 4 pounds, and they are not thought of as a dangerous breed. Note, however, that they were bred to be watchdogs! The baby's uncle left the infant and the dog on a bed while the uncle prepared her bottle in the kitchen. Upon his return, the dog was mauling the baby, who died shortly afterwards. ("Baby Girl Killed by Family Dog," Los Angeles Times, Monday, October 9, 2000, Home Edition, Metro Section, Page B-5.)
    In all fairness, therefore, it must be noted that:
    Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner most often is responsible -- not the breed, and not the dog.
    An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
    Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be likely to bite. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.
    step away from the google!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast