Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: PIT BULL: how many times have ya seen this one...

Tom Brown
    So how do you guys feel about the thousands of people who die from drunk driving? Should we ban all alchohol and cars? :idea:
    Drunk driving is banned. Perhaps you should choose another analogy.

lucky
    here is my "killer" staffordshire bull terrier... scary huh...
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...P_0950-med.jpg
    yea kinda

NOTALENT
    here is my "killer" staffordshire bull terrier... scary huh...
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...P_0950-med.jpg
    haha..yeah.the big ol smile looks vicous!
    nice pic by the way.

Krazy K
    Yeah, let's get rid of a breed of dog because everyone is scared of it. While we are at it, why don't we get rid of all the illegal mexicans out of the USA! Let's get rid of all the guns! They kill people, oh my god! And let's get rid of motorcycles, because you could lay it down and seriously injure yourself!!! Why don't we just lock ourselves up in a box so nothing will happen to us???
    Animals are raised by humans. Humans dictate how they are raised. If you raise them mean, they will be mean. If you raise therm with love, they will give love. Any animal will bite if provoked.
    Black Labs statistically bite more people than Pits. Do you see news about that? No. Because people don't fight Labs.
    My rant is over. Back to our regular scheduled thread....
    BTW, Tom Brown.....you are MIA over at classicglastron. I let them know where you linger now.

kburn
    No, I think my analogy is right on. Just because drunk driving is illegal doesn't keep it from happening and thousands are dead, if you got rid of cars or alchohol then you couldn't drink and drive, right? If people were up in arms about drinking and driving as they are against pit bulls then we would be able to save lives, but getting rid of a breed of dog wouldn't save any lives, because there are other types of dogs that would fill the void and could be trained to be just as mean as pits. My 5 year old sister had part of her face ripped off by a chow and it was the owners fault for teaching it to hate strangers. They had strangers go out to its cage and yell at it while shaking and kicking the cage.
    BTW I'm not inocent of DD but there are alot of deaths associated to it. I am definately more mature now and I hate it when I see a totally drunk boater acting a fool and being dangerous.
    Kevin
    Why don't we do a poll on how many injuries we have witnessed involving boats and dogs? and then come to a conclusion of what is dangerous.
    I have seen two injuries from dogs and six injuries from boats including a fatality involving a jet ski.

repo man
    i love pits they are the best breed of dog period. they don't bite any more than any other breed. the problem is they are 100X better at it. they inflict massive amounts of damage in a few seconds. i have a neopolitan/french mastiff bitch that is 100 times as agressive as my pits. but mastiffs don't ever make the paper because the use them in all the qutesy kid movies and we wouldn't want to ruin hollywoods stereotype .

HM
    i love pits they are the best breed of dog period. they don't bite any more than any other breed. the problem is they are 100X better at it. they inflict massive amounts of damage in a few seconds. i have a neopolitan/french mastiff bitch that is 100 times as agressive as my pits. but mastiffs don't ever make the paper because the use them in all the qutesy kid movies and we wouldn't want to ruin hollywoods stereotype .
    When is that bitch gonna produce pups? I am waiting, ya' know!
    Yup...Mastiff pitbull mix. I am tired of trapping the cats. :rollside:

malcolm
    The thing I hate is all these unknowing dog owners (all breeds) that say, "My dog wouldn't hurt a fly!" Then 5 minutes later you're running for your life. :supp:

Nord
    I must say that I am a wall walker on this topic. I do know two people that had excellent pit bull's such as Bre's. They were very loving dog's and were raised with a lot of love and were the type of dogs that always good and loving. Both of them snapped! One of them was owned by a girl who works at a animal clinic! When I say snapped....this is the only word that explains what happened.
    Needless to say, it is very sad to have to destroy a dog.
    I had a Doberman that was a very very good dog. Very good with kids and the whole nine. My Niece, who was his play buddy since she was a baby, tripped and fell on him and he almost killed her.
    This is why I am a wall walker and would never own one of these types of dogs again.
    Only because I don't want to even take a chance :frown: :frown:

Perfect Mixer
    Yeah... blame the dog.
    But you don't see this kind of story about a Labrador do you?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast