Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speeding ticket question for CHP

SCUBA STEVE
    A co-worker of mine got a ticket on the 10, going 85 in a 65 zone.
    VC 22349. Her question is in the speed section, there is a box that says special, they wrote 259 in it.
    What does 259 mean?
    Thanks

TheLurker
    I don’t know but I’ll guess… " Fines Doubled in Construction Zone” You know the ones where no construction has gone on or it has been done for the past year.

SCUBA STEVE
    I don’t know but I’ll guess… " Fines Doubled in Construction Zone” You know the ones where no construction has gone on or it has been done for the past year.
    LOL, That would suck.

lucky
    i'm thinking he did not give you a break and wrote ya for 15 mph over

Newcastle
    Could mean anything. If he got radar'd, could be the radar gun # he used that day. If he was paced, could be the Chippy's unit # he was driving. All that stuff can be brought up in court and Chippy man would have to provide last date of calibration etc...might just be notes for him

Waldo
    James "Bubba" Stewart's his favorite SX rider???

my21advantage
    Could mean anything. If he got radar'd, could be the radar gun # he used that day. If he was paced, could be the Chippy's unit # he was driving. All that stuff can be brought up in court and Chippy man would have to provide last date of calibration etc...might just be notes for him
    I think it's the radar # also. Section 22349 V.C. only states exceeding the maximum speed limit (in this case 65 pmh). There is a different section 22350 V.C. - ecessive speed for prevailing conditions but this applies mostly to city streets. Either way you look at it, it's a speeding ticket :cry:

Hallett19
    its one of two things, either he was doing special detail doing speed only task force stuff or he was on overtime, probably because of the recent freeway shootings. hope that helps

SCUBA STEVE
    Thank you all.

Brooski
    I just talked to a CHP buddy of mine. That box is used for tracking some type of special enforcement i.e. airplane enforcement, area tracking, etc. More for statistical purposes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast