Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding ticket question for CHP

SCUBA STEVE
    I just talked to a CHP buddy of mine. That box is used for tracking some type of special enforcement i.e. airplane enforcement, area tracking, etc. More for statistical purposes.
    Thank you.
    She was all worried that she was going to get some extra fine or something.
    Myself I don't even pay attention to all that, just the speed part. lol

MudPumper
    There is a different section 22350 V.C. - ecessive speed for prevailing conditions but this applies mostly to city streets. Either way you look at it, it's a speeding ticket :cry:
    22350V.C is the Basic Speed Law which states that no person shall drive faster than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at the speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.
    This applies to ALL roadways not mostly to city streets.

my21advantage
    22350V.C is the Basic Speed Law which states that no person shall drive faster than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at the speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.
    This applies to ALL roadways not mostly to city streets.
    I know safe for prevailing conditions.... I was just being vague about it

Ziggy
    I know safe for prevailing conditions.... I was just being vague about it
    What about the "Safe Speed" rule/law? Something a LEO once told me is that there is a way to legally exceed the posted limit if conditions are 'perfect' in all regards. Visibility, tires, weather, traffic and so on? Not that I want to test his story but I've often wondered if others have ever heard this?

Kokopelli
    What about the "Safe Speed" rule/law? Something a LEO once told me is that there is a way to legally exceed the posted limit if conditions are 'perfect' in all regards. Visibility, tires, weather, traffic and so on? Not that I want to test his story but I've often wondered if others have ever heard this?
    Good luck with that one. However, the maximum speed code that Scuba's friend was cited for is an absolute. You cannot exceed the maximum speed limit and try the safe speed angle.

Ziggy
    Good luck with that one. However, the maximum speed code that Scuba's friend was cited for is an absolute. You cannot exceed the maximum speed limit and try the safe speed angle.
    True, true......I think he was talking more about surface streets because I do recall that it did not apply to the Max. Federal speed limit or something like that....

Waldo
    waldo, great minds stick together, as soon as i saw that, i was thinking the same exact thing. i read the replies and saw you beat me to it, funny s hit right der !! - keyes
    Yeah, that's too funny...I always relate everything to either motorcycle/motorcycle sounds (braaaaaaaappppppp) or boating/boating sounds (wa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa). My wife laughs at me all the time.

Kilrtoy
    So where is all the CHIPPIES... I know there is a ton of them on here.....

RidinRed
    i believe this is correct. The LEO may have been referring to "Prima Facia" (sp?), this is on the face of things and loosely refers to the posted speed limit. does not over ride the Max Speed Laws of the state. BoatCop? any others?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12