Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SPAMOLA 19' Eliminator Daytona

novaguy
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center.../2622bilge.JPG
    Can someone tell me what the nice polished tube is after the water pressure regulator. I am running the same regulator and thinking about changing it out. The reason being, is that it contains a very small screen and if it gets clogged, bad things will happen to your motor like it did with mine. Anyhow, just wanted to know if it was some kind of larger screen or ??? I am thinking of changing it out to another type of regulator offered by Rex Marine that requires I cut out a hole in hull. I saw this, and was curious to what it was.
    Thanks,
    Rob

Hustler
    Rob it's an oil cooler. Just pull the screen on your reg. and you should be fine, thats what did on mine. Also if you dont have a oil cooler talk to Dave about getting one.

sanger rat
    Rob, That is a oil cooler.

novaguy
    Thanks Joe...I thought it was an oil cooler, but in the pic it looks like it was connected to the water pressure regulator. You say talk to Dave about an oil cooler...how about talking to Dave about getting my motor back to me....I dropped it off in November and still haven't got it back . I hope I will be able to get it back soon. This boat has been nothing but a f*ckin headache!!! Are you running the same water pressure regulator as me? Supposedly, according to Dave, it was the main cause of my motor being messed up and he's the one who told me to put it on. Who knows....but I definately don't want it to hapen again, if it was.
    Rob

franky
    It is hooked up to the oil cooler. water from jet, to reg, to oil cooler, to motor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345