Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** SPAM *** 1963 Kindsvater Flat "Tireless Tiger"

Riverhound
    63 Kindvater 18' Flat Enduro Boat. This boat was the 2nd place finisher in the 64 Parker 9 hour and was quit suscessful for many years, it also appeared in Kndsvater magazine adds. My Father bought the boat in the late 60's raced it a few times and then became the family ski boat. The boat was scheduled for restoration as a Father, son and grandson project but because of lack of time and intrest it needs to go.
    Boat is in VERY ROUGH shap and will most likely need a new floor. transom and stringers. Most hardware is there including a Hallcraft V drive, adjustable cav plates, fuel tanks, new cargo stering in th box, engine plates and exhaust for a Ford FE motor, 390 Ford engine (needs rebuild), Prop shaft, 2 blade prop and 2 rudders. Sits on a tandum axel trailer that is also in need of a complete go through.
    This boat needs so much work I don't even know whats it's worth but it does have some great racing history. My hope is someone on here may be able to bring it back to life the way it deserves. Boat is located in Pahrump Nevada just outside Vegas and will need to be picked up. Make me an offer. PM me for more details.
    Boating News April 1964 Kindsvater Add
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...r_flat_013.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...r_flat_001.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...r_flat_002.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...r_flat_003.jpg

dmontzsta
    Wow, that poor boat is in REALLY BAD shape. I hope someone can spend the time and money to get it back...it is going to take some work.

coolchange
    Take the tube out, she wants to die...

The best thing to do is sell the tach for $50 and throw the boat in with the deal to get it out of your yard.

Riverhound
    Take the tube out, she wants to die...
    I'm begining to think the same thing.

vdriver4ever
    My brother just called and "out scoopped" me on the Kindsvater ad above. Our dad Don Minegar is listed as a dealer for Kindsvater on the bottom of the page. He and Tom Whaley owned Whaley and Minegar Custom Boats in the Bay Area.
    Both Tom and my dad will be excited to see their name still floating around out there. Both live in Idaho and both still love boating.

CircleJerk
    Pahrump Nevada! Where one can find, 'The Kingdom of Nigh', things that go 'Bump in the Night', Art Bell who can talk all night, and one tired suntaned lonely flat in need of total restoration or a total parting out! There's the square Hallcraft cav hardware plus a tach. Ouch, looks like a real challenge for Billy, now labor estimate that one please!

Floored
    how much? Looks mostly there and I need a hobby. :2purples: I'm in Bullhead so close. I also love FE fords.

Sangerboy
    Looks mostly there and I need a hobby. .
    I think that one would go beyond hobby into addiction/obsession territory

Floored
    a friend did the flying W in the traps at Irwindale a couple weeks ago and is giving up racing his bike so I gave him my pro street, well that frees up a parking space. It really doesnt look hopeless, just very involved. I've done dumber things(got remarried) :argue: so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast