Thread: Old Rigger, got a ?

beached1
    I figured you might know where I can get some hand rail replacements for my Omega. As you probably know, it currently has a big one piece, wrap around the bow, looks like a Boston Whaler kind. What I would like to do before I paint, is find a shop to make me a pair of low profile polished ones. If you or anyone knows where I can get these, please let me know. Thanks.

Havasu Hangin'
    I had the same problem with my rails. I got mine done at Fabricators West in Costa Mesa. (949) 642-2244. Ask for Jamie or Ray. They have to custom make them.
    I got mine done after the paint, because I had all the old screw holes filled. This way they wouldn't have to match the old mounting points.
    If you want to see how it turned out, take a look at my profile webpage- there's a couple pics. It makes a BIG difference with the pop-up cleats and flush fuel fills.
    http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...es/happy25.gif

Beached 1,
    sounds like a good tip from HH.
    I use to use a shop down in Long Beach. I don't have their # anymore but can run down there if you want, if for nothing else, to get another quote.
    Those early ones (from the 60's and 70's)were ugly, with all those pieces that were held together with a million set screws. Hardware for boats a sooooo much nicer these days.

beached1
    HH, Old Rigger,
    Thanks for the info. I'll give this Fab West a call. I work in south O.C. so they're pretty close. See ya!