Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No mooring signs

Kachina26
    OK, I want to keep this on a serious note, so those who owned a house for 12 years and have resided in Havasu for 3 need not respond. (Sounds like most of us, non-resident owners)
    Anyway, where are these signs? Anyone got pics? When did they go up?

Essex502
    I haven't seen them and probably won't until we're out there next trip in 3 weekends from now. It is sad the the actions of the few affect the many. I really didn't frequent the channel except to travel through it instead of going around the island or when we used to stay at the London Bridge Resort before we purchase property and built a house there. Now the idiots that caused the knee jerk reaction by the city will be forced to go elsewhere - thus just pushing the problem into someone else's lap - so to speak. Whether those folks go to the Sandbar, Copper Canyon or some other location more family oriented like Steamboat will remain to be seen. Unfortunately for those that have good public manners and can abide by the rules of society are forced out of a favorite spot. Too bad for them. It sux that the problem has come to this.

Kachina26
    I typically don't go to the channel other than to meet up with people and then move on. I do on occasion, like to watch the world go by. But when it gets wild, I pull up stakes and head out.

Havasu Luvr
    I can't wait for them to make the channel "One Way". I can see it now we all roll through and instead of going all the way around the island we all just have the "Worlds Largest Floatilla" in the middle of Thompson's Bay. They think the congestion is bad now?
    I know most of you guys are against this but I would support a Day Use Permit in the channel..... Number each mooring spot and issue a permit. This will allow a permit holder to have a peice of beach and not worry that it will be gone if he/she decides to go play on the lake for a few hours....or go back to the marina to pick some one up. Make the permit hours 8am - 4pm (afterwards open mooring). By doing this it cuts the congestions down when peep realize there is going to be no parking for them until after 4pm and it will cut down on the congestion on the beach ie...hopefully rowdiness, party peeps etc... also make the permit holder responsible for their site (cleaniness). It just seems we can bitch all we want and the only good coming from it is relieving stress, if at all. I think we need to work together with LHC to try and come up with a solution that we all can agree on. I really do not know the answers to the current problems and all the future problems it may create but to find a solution means working together whether we like or not.....02

Dusty Times
    I would be for anything other than taking away parking one section at a time until full closure.
    Can I reserve a good sandy spot with no rocks?LOL

Havasu Luvr
    Can I reserve a good sandy spot with no rocks?LOL
    That would be one of many issues to be resolved. The revenue generated would hopefully help improve beach conditions

NOTALENT
    I can't wait for them to make the channel "One Way". I can see it now we all roll through and instead of going all the way around the island we all just have the "Worlds Largest Floatilla" in the middle of Thompson's Bay. They think the congestion is bad now?
    I know most of you guys are against this but I would support a Day Use Permit in the channel..... Number each mooring spot and issue a permit. This will allow a permit holder to have a peice of beach and not worry that it will be gone if he/she decides to go play on the lake for a few hours....or go back to the marina to pick some one up. Make the permit hours 8am - 4pm (afterwards open mooring). By doing this it cuts the congestions down when peep realize there is going to be no parking for them until after 4pm and it will cut down on the congestion on the beach ie...hopefully rowdiness, party peeps etc... also make the permit holder responsible for their site (cleaniness). It just seems we can bitch all we want and the only good coming from it is relieving stress, if at all. I think we need to work together with LHC to try and come up with a solution that we all can agree on. I really do not know the answers to the current problems and all the future problems it may create but to find a solution means working together whether we like or not.....02
    It seems like a good idea..but man..they would have to be purchased that day otherwise they would be on back order a long time!! not to mention having to get the police to kick the dicks out of ur spot when u come back...

schlepy
    would the crowds be less in the channel if they opened both the sand bar and copper canyon?? it seems like closing off popular hang out spots only pushes people to go somewhere else like the channel. why cant the city of havasu staff up on busy weekends to patrol and keep everything open for busy weekends?? must be money issues, just think when everyone is sick of the havasu b.s. what money issues Havasu will have.

Mandelon
    And the free for all at 4:00..... it'd be like the last day of high school every Saturday... :hammer2:
    It may be the future......

Mandelon
    would the crowds be less in the channel if they opened both the sand bar and copper canyon?? it seems like closing off popular hang out spots only pushes people to go somewhere else like the channel. why cant the city of havasu staff up on busy weekends to patrol and keep everything open for busy weekends?? must be money issues, just think when everyone is sick of the havasu b.s. what money issues Havasu will have.
    Havasu City PD has no jurisdiction up the river or across the lake. They are just stuck dealing with the results of the other enforcement agencies' closures.
    They can close the channel and force all the boaters somewhere else. Its not like we will disappear.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast