Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No mooring signs

Havasu Luvr
    It seems like a good idea..but man..they would have to be purchased that day otherwise they would be on back order a long time!! not to mention having to get the police to kick the dicks out of ur spot when u come back...
    I think a reservation number would work the best....like the Camp America 800 number. Reservations on credit card must occupy by 11am or it's open. I think enough revenue will be generated to absurb the cost of LE on both side of the channel and admin/office for reservations. just a thought. anything is better then closing half the channel.
    Looks like I'll be launching 5am the next 2 weekends

Havasu_Dreamin
    The thing I think everyone needs to remember is that the City wants to reduce the problems in the channel. Part of this is due to liability reasons, the CO related drownings. Another part is due to the other issues, underage drinking, people exposing themselves, people getting into fights etc. The city wans these issues reduced. I think what we are seeing is a Palm Springs type of deal when PS had all of the problems with Spring Breakers.
    Unfortunately, things will get worse, in terms of the LE involvement and rules/laws being more strictly enforced, before things get better. I for one think things need to be "cleaned" up. Start enforcing the laws on the books and when they catch someone, throw the book at them. Those that realize they can't continue on with their typical antics will get the point and go somewhere else. Those of us that can follow the rules and respect each other will be incoenvienced in the short-term but will reap the rewards in the long run.
    Another thing, this is basically the community park for LHC. People that live there full-time go there to unwind, just like the rest of us that visit on the weekends only. But why is it so many people feel it is ok to go there and do stupid things and engage in acts that they tmeselves would not what to happen in their own city? Honestly, do you want some group doing drugs, getting wasted, blaring their music too loud, exposing themselves, and soemtimes worse, for free beads at the park that you frequent in your city?
    Go ahead and flame me, but that is just how I feel.

Havasu_Dreamin
    would the crowds be less in the channel if they opened both the sand bar and copper canyon?? it seems like closing off popular hang out spots only pushes people to go somewhere else like the channel. why cant the city of havasu staff up on busy weekends to patrol and keep everything open for busy weekends?? must be money issues, just think when everyone is sick of the havasu b.s. what money issues Havasu will have.
    LHC has ZERO jurisdiction over the Sandbar, that's San Bernadino county. Of course, whent he decisions to close the cahnnel LHC probably weighed in on it as did Mohave County. Same holds true for Copper Canyon.

schlepy
    Havasu City PD has no jurisdiction up the river or across the lake. They are just stuck dealing with the results of the other enforcement agencies' closures.
    They can close the channel and force all the boaters somewhere else. Its not like we will disappear.
    just like they did with the sand bar closures, it pushed everyone to go somewhere else like the channel. now the channel has over crowding issues and they dont understand why??? why not close everything and have everyone floating in the middle of the lake??

ClownRoyal
    I think a reservation number would work the best....like the Camp America 800 number. Reservations on credit card must occupy by 11am or it's open. I think enough revenue will be generated to absurb the cost of LE on both side of the channel and admin/office for reservations. just a thought. anything is better then closing half the channel.
    Looks like I'll be launching 5am the next 2 weekends
    I see TOTAL CONFUSION. You are going to be kicking people out of your spot all day long. Someone will horndog on your spot anyways till you come back. How they going to enforce this? Right now the LE is overwelmed (sp?). Or so they say. Now they have reservations to enforce? I see TOTAL CONFUSION and lots of fights.

Havasu Luvr
    And the free for all at 4:00..... it'd be like the last day of high school every Saturday... :hammer2:
    It may be the future......
    Obviously you have not paid attention to every sat evening. It's that way already....most of the time we are parked in the channel by 3-4pm to watch what we call "The Parade of Idiots" coming into the channel after a day on he water. Watching 1 out of every 8 boats being operated by an obvious drunk bumping into each other boats or doing other dangerous stunts. So what would be different? The difference would be that I would have a opportunity to at least get a spot in the channel if I so desire it. It would just be a big inconvience to reserve ahead of time. As it is now half the channel shut down so the boaters who were smart enough to launch early to get a peice of beach will opt to NOT leave the channel which does not allow anyone else a chance to beach.....

dicudmore
    I can't wait for them to make the channel "One Way". I can see it now we all roll through and instead of going all the way around the island we all just have the "Worlds Largest Floatilla" in the middle of Thompson's Bay. They think the congestion is bad now?
    I know most of you guys are against this but I would support a Day Use Permit in the channel..... Number each mooring spot and issue a permit. This will allow a permit holder to have a peice of beach and not worry that it will be gone if he/she decides to go play on the lake for a few hours....or go back to the marina to pick some one up. Make the permit hours 8am - 4pm (afterwards open mooring). By doing this it cuts the congestions down when peep realize there is going to be no parking for them until after 4pm and it will cut down on the congestion on the beach ie...hopefully rowdiness, party peeps etc... also make the permit holder responsible for their site (cleaniness). It just seems we can bitch all we want and the only good coming from it is relieving stress, if at all. I think we need to work together with LHC to try and come up with a solution that we all can agree on. I really do not know the answers to the current problems and all the future problems it may create but to find a solution means working together whether we like or not.....02
    I kinda like that idea

Havasu Luvr
    I see TOTAL CONFUSION. You are going to be kicking people out of your spot all day long. Someone will horndog on your spot anyways till you come back. How they going to enforce this? Right now the LE is overwelmed (sp?). Or so they say. Now they have reservations to enforce? I see TOTAL CONFUSION and lots of fights.
    You're Right, I see the confusing too :hammerhea

schlepy
    Go ahead and flame me, but that is just how I feel.[/QUOTE]
    no ones going to flame you, i agree i would not want that to happen in my city, havasu has been known for years as a party town just like maimi, key west and all the other hot spots to party. should they close those too? does anyone go to palm springs anymore for spring break? everyone was run out of that town and now its a bunch of blue hairs. i go to havasu on a busy weekend knowing what to expect, if i wanted a more mellow spot i would go to a different lake.
    back to the mooring issue, i think its a bad idea to charge people a spot or to close the channel down. going boating is already expensive enough with food, gas, launch, hotels etc.. now i have to pay for a spot to hang out and meet with friends?? its only going to push all the boaters somewhere else on the lake and make tensions even higher. i think they should open everything up to keep the people spread out over the lake.

NOTALENT
    Boaters only!!! FOCK THE TOURISTS!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast