Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No mooring signs

Havasu Luvr
    Boaters only!!! FOCK THE TOURISTS!!!!
    There you go ! ! ! put a toll gate at the end of Kokomo's, tourist who want to walk the boardwalk to look at our boats MUST pay a fee...... :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
    no ones going to flame you, i agree i would not want that to happen in my city, havasu has been known for years as a party town just like maimi, key west and all the other hot spots to party. should they close those too? does anyone go to palm springs anymore for spring break? everyone was run out of that town and now its a bunch of blue hairs. i go to havasu on a busy weekend knowing what to expect, if i wanted a more mellow spot i would go to a different lake.
    Then why is it ok if it happens in Havasu? If you don't want it in your town, what is wrong with the residents and city council in LHC doing something to try and stop it in their town? I'm not slamming you, just playing devils advocate here.
    back to the mooring issue, i think its a bad idea to charge people a spot or to close the channel down. going boating is already expensive enough with food, gas, launch, hotels etc.. now i have to pay for a spot to hang out and meet with friends?? its only going to push all the boaters somewhere else on the lake and make tensions even higher. i think they should open everything up to keep the people spread out over the lake.
    Keep in mind that ANY cove you use on the AZ side of the lake you are obligated to pay the BLM fee. And believe me, the Ranger comes around to collect.
    K26, I apologize if I hi-jakced your thread.

NOTALENT
    There you go ! ! ! put a toll gate at the end of Kokomo's, tourist who want to walk the boardwalk to look at our boats MUST pay a fee...... :rollside:
    EXACTLY!!! Shit..them damn tourist try to party with us..take our woman..our beer...and jump on our boats with sandals on and no permission too!!!!DOWN WITH THEM ALL!!! :crossx:

schlepy
    Then why is it ok if it happens in Havasu? If you don't want it in your town, what is wrong with the residents and city council in LHC doing something to try and stop it in their town? I'm not slamming you, just playing devils advocate here.
    Keep in mind that ANY cove you use on the AZ side of the lake you are obligated to pay the BLM fee. And believe me, the Ranger comes around to collect.
    K26, I apologize if I hi-jakced your thread.
    havasu is known as a party town on busy weekends, not yorba linda, ca. if i moved to lake hasavu i would have to consider what happens there on busy weekends. what if i moved next to train tracks and i got sick of the noise, can i just shut down the trains from coming??

Havasu Luvr
    back to the mooring issue, i think its a bad idea to charge people a spot or to close the channel down.
    You're right... I feel it is wrong to charge me an Entrance Fee to drive through Yosemite Natl Park.... mine and everyone elses taxes pay for upkeep of that and every other natl park....it is wrong for me to have to pay? Unfortunately we will pay if we want it bad enough....
    Like everything else when an event OR location (ei, the channel) gets to popular then changes MUST be made. Sometimes it is for the good but most often it is not We, (us boaters) are NOT in the drivers seat. We can only sit back and observe or become part of the solution, although I do not have the solution.

Havasu_Dreamin
    havasu is known as a party town on busy weekends, not yorba linda, ca. if i moved to lake hasavu i would have to consider what happens there on busy weekends. what if i moved next to train tracks and i got sick of the noise, can i just shut down the trains from coming??
    I understand that. But if they want to effect change, want to cut down on the problems, as it is their town, is there anything wrong with that? Again, just playing devils advocate. I think something needs to be done but I don't think mooring slips and shutting it down completely are viable options either. As I said earlier, I think it will get worse before it gets any better.

ClownRoyal
    Letter:
    Dear Mayor and City Council,
    As a resident of Lake Havasu for over 5 years I am writing to you concerning
    the proposed new boating restrictions for the Channel and other parts of the
    lake.
    Why are you punishing the 98% of us for the 2% idiots? Do you have (I hope
    you do) any idea what the Havasu economy would be without the income that
    boaters bring in each weekend for 10 months a year? I would suggest you do an economic impact study before you implement your new 'experiments'. I would also suggest making a trip down to the lake on a Saturday and see for yourself how much revenue is floating on the lake.
    Crack down on the 2%. Go after the problem. Don't punish us law-abiding
    residents and visitors because you can't handle the 2%.
    I bought my house in Havasu because of the lake and the boating. My Dad did the same. My best friend did the same. And so on ...
    Drive the boaters away and your City will become a ghost town real soon.
    Your town exists because of boaters...from the manufactures who create jobs
    to the stores, hotels, gas stations, restaurants, etc. Don't shoot yourselves
    in the foot!
    Reply:
    We have not enacted the items you seem so concerned about. We will be
    receiving input from the Chamber and the Tourism Board.
    Bob Whelan
    I guess you could say the Mayor :hammer2: either doesn't know what is going on or is simply a liar ...

schlepy
    Lake Havasu City Price Board
    Launch Fee $16
    Parking Fee $5
    Channel Day Pass $20
    Sand Bar Day Pass $20
    Copper Canyon Day Pass $20
    Cove Usage Fee $20
    Water Usage Clean-up Fee $3
    Trash Fee $3
    Docking Fee $5
    Restroom Pass $5
    Lake Floating Fee $10
    Prices are subject to change without notice.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Launch Fee $16
    Parking Fee $5
    Channel Day Pass $20
    Sand Bar Day Pass $20
    Cove Usage Fee $20
    Trash Fee $3
    Docking Fee $5
    Restroom Pass $5
    Lake Floating Fee $10
    You forgot the point a to point b travel fee.

Huckleberry
    Launch Fee $16
    Parking Fee $5
    Channel Day Pass $20
    Sand Bar Day Pass $20
    Cove Usage Fee $20
    Trash Fee $3
    Docking Fee $5
    Restroom Pass $5
    Lake Floating Fee $10
    Add these fees to the list:
    Mileage tax @ $0.10/mile
    High Performance Boat Fee $1.00 per MPH about 45 MPH
    Loud Motor Waiver Fee @ $2.00 per decibel over the arbitrary limit imposed by the Lake Havasu Marina
    BUI Waiver Fee @$20 per .01% BAC over the legal limit of 0.08% (Allows you to drive while drunk off your ass and not get arrested!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast