Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle 514 Kit

oldphart
    Does any body out there have any experience with the Eagle 514 Kit for the Ford 460?
    I just ordered one. it looks on paper like a good deal at $1500.00 all the components appear to be first cabin in the catalog.
    Does anybody run one of these? Comments?

Oldphart, Does that include the Eagle cast steel crank or is it a stock iron casting? What rods come with the kit? are they stock length or are they the 6.800" long rods? Either way it sounds like a good deal. When you build this stroker make sure you have a set of heads that will support the extra cubic inches. Don't scrimp on carb air flow either, they like alot of it.

TX19
    I don't have experience with the Eagle, but Oldphart...I am trying the SVO 514 short block which I think has the same bore and stroke. I have run 460's for years, but just recently went to the stroker with Blue Thunder heads. I like it so far. I have had some problems tuning, but I think I have them straightened out. I will know for sure after 9/16, when I am scheduled to go to the dyno one last time before it goes in the boat.

Eliminator Fan
    What parts come in that kit? I've got to rebuild my 460 this winter, and '514' has such a nice ring to it. I've never heard of the kit, so any info you have on it would be appreciated.

oldphart
    The kit I bought has a new cast stroker crank, some new lightweight rod they just came out with, forged pistons, plasma file fit rings, and bearings. I plan on putting on a pair of the Cobra Jet aluminum heads and the tunnel intake that matches them with a 1050 Dominater. The kit is supposed to be here wed or thurs so we"ll se how it looks.It als comes internally balanced.

TX19
    Oldphart...the internal balancing is a major plus for your kit. Mine was externally balanced and we changed it to internal - lots of work involved in that.
    What camshaft do you intend to use?

oldphart
    I have had real good luck with the ford Motorsport Cam M-6250-C460 Its a split duration and lift cam that compensates for the problematic imbalance in flows between intake & Exhaust ports. Duration is 310 intake and 320 exhaust (advertized) and 588 intake and 614 exhaust lift. Its only $120.00 and really pulls well in the 3000-6000 rpm range

TX19
    I have heard the 6250-C460 is a good camshaft. What is the compression ratio that you intend to have and what size dome / dish do the pistons have?

oldphart
    Kit comes in tomorrow so I,m not absolutly sure but it is supposed to be flat top with 2 reliefs 10.6 to one with the small chamber heads. Will update when I pick it up tomorrow

TX19
    Please keep us posted on the kit. I am really interested in it - especially the balancing job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast