Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagle 514 Kit

H8Monday
    S0??
    Did the kit come yet? is it assembled?? Updates please.
    I would also like to know where you purchased it. It sounds like just what my boat needs this winter.
    Let us know how its going please.

jroos
    Kit info. Anxiously waiting. Would like to hear from someone already running stroker kit in 460. Was it a good band for buck call? remember time and hidden costs like gasket kit.

TX19
    jroos...I am not running a kit per se, but I am running a stroker 460 .... I got the 514 short block from Ford. The main difficulty I had was installing a windage tray as the one I had hit the crank throws and then when I lowered the tray to clear the crank, the pickup for the oil pump would not fit as it bolted onto the bottom of the windage tray. I ended up rebuilding the pickup.
    Other problems were self imposed, i.e., internally balancing. I decided to balance it internally because I cut bigger / deeper valve reliefs in the pistons to fit my valves and camshaft and I wanted to play with cam timing a bit. I spent about $350 getting the balancing work done. Stock rotating assembley normally costs about $175 to balance.

LeadFootTheRabbit
    Built a 521, close to the same cam profile(Isky) but left heads stock. With a big cam and stock heads I broke several exhaust valve springs. I built a set of heads to flow more air, stainless valves, matched intake manifold and put in different springs. The difference this all made is unreal!!!
    *Note: As long as the motor is apart and your spending all that money, I would recommend that you chamfer and enlarge the oil holes in the crank shaft. No need to deprive the crank and added inches of oil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12