Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Deck Boat recommendation

NashvilleBound
    The new Magic 30' for what, $180k w/ twins ?? :jawdrop:
    Ha. My quote was middle $250k. Course it wasnt twin 496's either....

RiverOtter
    My wife wants to trade in our (paid off) boat and get one of those Chaparrel deck boats. I don't know much about them. Can someone give me a list of top 5 deck boats. I am not asking to buy a Ferrari but also don't want a Yugo. Any recs? Thanks.
    -Napoleon
    You can get a Chap for WAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than $75,000. Chap makes a great boat (I'm on my third). As far as production boats got they are way better performers than the other ones (Sea Ray, maxum, Bayliner, Crownline). They hold their value pretty well. You can get an 03 243 Sunesta for mid $30's. Problem you'll have is finding one with at least a 350Mag or 6.2L motor. Most people order them with a 5.0POS 260 HP. Not nearly enough motor. Their extended Vplane hull and duoprop combination makes the thing jump out of the hole like a Mastercraft. BTW if you are willing to pay $75,000 for a Chap. I'll sell you mine for $50,000

INSman
    Ha. My quote was middle $250k. Course it wasnt twin 496's either....
    $250k for any 30' is crazy !!!!! :frown:
    unless maybe its a DCB or Eliminator cat with twin 850's+ :2purples:

RACER52
    I would say none of those hold a candle to the new Domin8or deck boats.
    the fit/finish and solid ride with a 496 is not to be matched by a high volume builder..
    just my 2 cents
    Racer

NOTALENT
    I would say none of those hold a candle to the new Domin8or deck boats.
    the fit/finish and solid ride with a 496 is not to be matched by a high volume builder..
    just my 2 cents
    Racer
    do they have a website?? and do u know what they are running??

Beer-30
    $100K is way over my budget. This must be a forum of a bunch of rich guys! If I put 20% down, my monthly payments for 10 years is about $800, wow. Maybe I can get a used one for around 50-70K.
    Thanks for all your input, I will check out some of the ones recommended.
    Definitely look at used. I got a 140 hour 2001 30 foot for the price of a new 22 footer. That is regular mid-cuddy V stuff. Good luck on buying a custom sport deck boat, as they don't pop up used very much! Usually, a friend buys them from a friend, so they don't even get advertised.
    In my book, and this is just my preference, the Conquest has it all. Sleek styling (no punn intended), cat hull, sporty profile, easy to drive, and priced appropriately. New, about $90K. A few years old, low $70s. 3 or more years old around $60K.
    If you are serious about a sport deck and not just a Chap, or Bayliner, check with Keith Sayre here in the forums. He is at Conquest and know all that are for sale. Even other brands.

napster
    You can get a Chap for WAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than $75,000. Chap makes a great boat (I'm on my third). As far as production boats got they are way better performers than the other ones (Sea Ray, maxum, Bayliner, Crownline). They hold their value pretty well. You can get an 03 243 Sunesta for mid $30's. Problem you'll have is finding one with at least a 350Mag or 6.2L motor. Most people order them with a 5.0POS 260 HP. Not nearly enough motor. Their extended Vplane hull and duoprop combination makes the thing jump out of the hole like a Mastercraft. BTW if you are willing to pay $75,000 for a Chap. I'll sell you mine for $50,000
    I was looking at the 252 and with all the options.

28Prowler525
    Look at the HTM(High Torque Marine) deck. Every thing you could want including a generator for less than the other overpriced decks out there. Put an HO in it and it will probably do 70mph.
    Very nice boat with alot of extras. I just couldn't get with the profile.
    I think the Lavey is by far the most kid friendly and with 2 young ones it is perfect for us. The front end has a fiberglass pocket door that does not rattle, and the front end seating area is very deep and safe for the little ones. Some of the decks don't even have a door in the front. It has more storage than any other deck we looked at, and we looked at them all. And, as an owner of a Lavey 21xtski I know their quality and workmanship are as good as any.
    I don't care for the boxy look and the radio placement and wish they had incorporated a generator.
    But all in all the deepness of the seating area and our kids safety put the Lavey on top for us.

Kachina26
    I like the Magic, I like the Conquest, the Lavey, all of 'em really... Not real fond of the HTM though...
    Dare I say, have you considered something in the middle like this (http://www.cheetahboatmfg.com/24fastcatdeck.html) ??
    Just open yourself up why don'tcha?
    Keithe Sayre over at Conquest is a hell of a guy, that has to count for something. Plus I hear they build a nice boat as well.

boatslayer
    i would go with a conquest deck boat,,,, or an HTM deck boat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast