Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CP Performance can suck my....

Wet Dream
    DICK!!!! Son of a bitch, after all the phone calls back and forth to those worthless morons, they still ****ed up my order. I hope someone that works there is on this board. I ordered my headers over a month ago, and should have been here 2 weeks ago. The asses at the shipping desk knew I needed them this weekend and through enough bitching from me, they were going to send them out on the 3 day air, well, when UPS didn't show up, ANOTHER phone call to Mr. Dumbass, and the prick sent it out 5 day ground. Ok, so they will be here Tuesday, now how much trouble will I have to go through if they are damaged??? Good thing I live 3000 miles from those retards or I would probably go postal. **** YOU CPP!!!
    Thanks for letting me vent.

lakesmodified
    Dream, I feel for ya buddy... I have my own complaint.. Not about them(haven't delt with them yet)but I bought a set of ported heads through ebay, and they arrived while my wife and I were out of the country on vacation. I had instructed a buddy of mine to pick them up, and drop them at the machine shop. I was hoping, that when I returned two weeks later (by the way, that was two weeks ago that I returned)that they would be ready... Well, not yet, and today I decided to drop the block off for new cam bearings, and what do I find? They haven't even started on my heads... I feel for you dude. Ivan

Cas
    WD,
    I live less than 30 miles from them and have the same feelings as you. I won't be spending any more money with them, that's for sure.

spectratoad
    Was thinking of ordering a bunch of stuff from them. Are they really that bad? I was going to drive up to their shop thinking that might keep them straight. If not them who else can I go to? I am ordering new rub rail, exhaust tips & tube, dash molding etc...

Wet Dream
    Here's what you need to do with them, call them, find out what they have in stock, and go accordingly. If somehting isn't in stock, find out how long it will take and don't let them BS you. My 5 day headers turned into 5 weeks.

ChetCapoli
    i would think if some of you live in CA you could beat up CP pretty bad on price by calling eddie and rex and playing the "beat my price" game or i'll call someone else? If they want your business i would think it would be easy. FYI, i always thought eddie marine was cheaper on everything?
    CHET

spectratoad
    I looked at Eddie and alot of their stuff was mostly engine stuff from what I saw but Cp was cheaper on most. I am going to place my order before I drive up so that they can have it all pulled before I get there and we can go through each item. I looked at West Marine but they were pretty pricey. Simple stuff like exhaust tubing was $6/ft compared to $1.10 for CP.

Wet Dream
    I thought Cp would have items stocked, they are basically just a middleman catalog type place. They take your order on big items and then buy from the vendor and ship them to you. I realize that Olds headers are not a common buying item and Paul Bassett had to make them for me, but if you are doing something like that, go directly to the maufacturer. I wish I would have called Paul himself. Live and learn...but get pissed off once in a while too.

Bubbledeck2
    I'm not a big CP fan either.
    Last year I ordered a shift cable and a steering rack/cable from them because they said a cable for my old Merc rack would set me back $180 and a new rack and cable was only $130. The order was supposed to go out next business day (monday) but went out Thursday instead, so I didn't get it until the following week. I thought the new rack was kinda cheesy compared to my old rack, so I got to looking around and found a Ride Guide steering cable (direct replacement) on the Mercury website for $129. I called CP back, asked if they could get that and they said yes, but they'd have to order it and it would cost $180. I asked if they price matched and they said yes. I then told them the same cable was available from Mercury for $129. He said at CP it was $180 did I want it or not? Well, I sent the rack and cable I ordered from CP back, went to the local Mercury dealer in town and ordered the steering cable for $129 and drove away happy.
    Oh, here's another little CP quirk.
    I asked about a black Place diverter for a Berkley. They said a black one would cost me $50 more than a white one. I called Place and asked them if black diverters cost more than white ones ... they laughed

MikeC
    All of my past experience with CP (Mike and Rick) have been very very positive. I'm wondering if they are still running things? I have not been in touch with either of them for almost 2 years however. You know things change.
    MikeC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast