Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Channel Parking

Havasu_Dreamin
    So let me ask you this, the beach at the Isle's is in no way affected by this right? I don't see how it could be but just making sure. Thanks for the info.
    DMB
    I wouldn't think so since it is my understanding that it is private property.
    FYI, The forcast for this weekend is very hot with no wind, a perfect recipe for CO closures. Nothing worse to me than seeing a smoking Seadoo cruising through the channel.
    That's not what causes CO as CO is odorless and colorless. But yes, it does suck to see those exhaust plumes.

Havasteve
    Demarcobros,
    I don't know where the "Isles" are , we are talking about the London bridge channel right, and the restrictions on mooring.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Demarcobros,
    I don't know where the "Isles" are , we are talking about the London bridge channel right, and the restrictions on mooring.
    HS, the Isles are the condos on the island side of the channel as you exit at the North end. They have a private beach for residents only.

Sixpacked
    Wow - I've been coming to Havasu for 18 years, and moved here full time 2 years ago. We have six kids (hence the name) and love boating here.. Even on holiday weekends Face it, if you want to see boobs - you can see boobs, but if you don't - it's not that hard to avoid. I knew Havasu was a party place when I moved here, and I would hate to see the old farts in this great city run everybody out!
    If they want to eat cake - let them eat cake...(just an expresion) give the people who keep our economy thriving someplace to PARTY!!!

ClownRoyal
    The actions taken in the channel are in no way temporary (dimarcobros) like the sandbar and copper for the holidays, it is this way every weekend, it's done and the city will never admit that they made a mistake.
    I can see Thompson Bay so full of boats that you won't be able to even make it to the South entrance of the channel (ala Copper Canyon during Spring Break). I bet the LE's will like that. Sometimes you create a bigger problem trying to fix a problem.

Havasteve
    I now know what you are talking about now Demarcobros, I guess I just don't acknowledge them as being part of the channel, even though they are, if that makes any sense.
    Havasu dreamin, you are correct, but, don't assume there is no clear oderless CO in that un-burnt fuel we see as smoke, it's there believe me.

Dr. Eagle
    Blame it on MTV and internet. Everybody sees the pics of the Girls Gone Wild....who doesn't like hot chicks! ??
    I'd be looking for parking meters in the channel... sooner rather than later! :yuk:
    along with 15 minute parking zones... and the meter maids to enforce it...
    Of course they'll have to raid the WNBA or LPGA to get some muscular ones... :rollside:

Keith E. Sayre
    I'm still at a loss. Let's assume that there are a bunch of under age kids at
    the lake drinking. Let's assume that there are drunks driving boats that
    shouldn't be. How does closing 50% of the channel solve either of these
    problems. The drunks will now be out driving their boats rather than being parked or idling around in the relatively safe confines of the channel. The
    underage kids drinking will be out on the lake drowning? or doing whatever
    drunk kids do. What about the girls flashing their chests? The city has never really wanted to solve this problem. There was once a suggestion that a $1,000 reward be paid in cash to anyone able to provide photos of a bare
    chested girl in the channel and the accompanying boat numbers. Trust me,
    if they had ever implimented this little game, it would have cost the city
    about $3,000 the first weekend and noone would have dared flash ever again. The city obviously did nothing so my conclusion is that they didn't
    really want to solve the problem.
    Another thing, if we kick out half the boaters from the channel, don't we still
    have to deal with all the "walk-on" people who are the main problems in the
    channel anyway? Just a few thoughts....
    Keith Sayre

Sixpacked
    I like the meter-maids in pasties idea...People could line up to get parking tickets. Come on Havasu...Stop fighting it - use it to your advantage!! :sqeyes: :sqeyes: Ha Ha...

Dr. Eagle
    I just wonder if they don't think that cutting the boats parked in half will lower the CO emissions (logical since now MORE boats will be idling around looking for someone to leave)... but it's a thought. I still like the dyke metermaid concept though... :idea:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast