Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Channel Parking

slink
    I'm still at a loss. Let's assume that there are a bunch of under age kids at
    the lake drinking. Let's assume that there are drunks driving boats that
    shouldn't be. How does closing 50% of the channel solve either of these
    problems. The drunks will now be out driving their boats rather than being parked or idling around in the relatively safe confines of the channel. The
    underage kids drinking will be out on the lake drowning? or doing whatever
    drunk kids do. What about the girls flashing their chests? The city has never really wanted to solve this problem. There was once a suggestion that a $1,000 reward be paid in cash to anyone able to provide photos of a bare
    chested girl in the channel and the accompanying boat numbers. Trust me,
    if they had ever implimented this little game, it would have cost the city
    about $3,000 the first weekend and noone would have dared flash ever again. The city obviously did nothing so my conclusion is that they didn't
    really want to solve the problem.
    Another thing, if we kick out half the boaters from the channel, don't we still
    have to deal with all the "walk-on" people who are the main problems in the
    channel anyway? Just a few thoughts....
    Keith Sayre
    HDD would be a frickin millionaire

PHOTOGLOU
    The staggerd blocking of in 100 yd incriments (sp?) is for at least this weekend and next ALSO I was told BY A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE AT THE PD the channel will be closed at least between 2 and 4 pm next weekend to ALL incomming traffic.

Dr. Eagle
    HDD would be a frickin millionaire
    Or MMD if he ever got a boat... and camera...

Mandelon
    So lets meet up at the southeast end of Thompson Bay...HB Flotilla!!!!!!! :devil:

Havasu_Jet_85
    Face it, if you want to see boobs - you can see boobs, but if you don't - it's not that hard to avoid. I knew Havasu was a party place when I moved here, and I would hate to see the old farts in this great city run everybody out!
    If they want to eat cake - let them eat cake...(just an expresion) give the people who keep our economy thriving someplace to PARTY!!!
    couldnt have said it better...

Dr. Eagle
    So lets meet up at the southeast end of Thompson Bay...HB Flotilla!!!!!!! :devil:
    And point the exhausts toward the channel so the CO blows in there... :lightsabe :notam: LOL that'll fix em!

VBPowerof3
    YOU ARE NOT INVISIBLE...... If you are OVER 36' in length, unless you are a; 'registered' regatta/event participant, or can afford a $200+ citation, DO NOT ENTER the channel at all !! Just got spanked!! and the OLD Judge Andress is a really unfriendly boater type human... a $1,000 later.... :sqeyes: :argue: DON'T FIGHT IT, PAY IT!! HE doesn't give a rats ass about the POSTED sign at the ends of the channel (up or down) - even if its at the CLH Police discretion.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!

Beer-30
    Ya just gotta sit it out. Typical "shotgun" approach. Blast everyone to get rid of a "problem". Next season, it will probably all be forgotten. All will be back to normal. They just want to send a message that it could all be over and the channel would just be foot traffic.
    If everyone just holds it together this season and obeys the rules, LE will lighten up. It doesn't mean they won't snap to it if things start to go out of control. They will just get tired of hammering everything afloat and relax.

moneypit
    I always felt that having the people that patrol the channel could hand out 1 hr parking passes. This would mean that "Johhny drunk lake lace" will have to approach the officer (or whomever) every hour to get a pass (being sober would help). This would also allow everyone to use these spots. It also limits how long people actually moor there.
    I know it sounds like alot of work, but it would deter alot of drunks while allowing people to use these spaces.
    Just a thought.

DogHouse
    Sux.
    Feeling eloquent today there Mike?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast