Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mohave Family Picnic?

Up 4 River
    In know that there is a thread already up but I don't have time to read through 17 pages of post. I was wondering if anyone has details on when we are all going to meet to drive to the picnic destination on Saturday? I also was wondering who is going to be there for the setup on Friday during the day and where everyone will be?
    U4R

Havasu Hangin'
    Katherine's Landing Saturday morning- make sure your tanks are topped off.

dimarcobros
    Up4River and I will most likely have his boat there since he will be there Friday morning/afternoon and I won't be able to get there until Friday evening. Do you all think his 21 Hallet can handle the trip? It's not that a question of IF his boat can handle it but if the wind picks up on the way back are we going to be screwed once we hit the lake part of the trip? Last time we got pounded in a 28' boat. Think we should hitch a ride and be a boat bi*ch for a day?
    DMB

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    As far as I know, there is no "set up" on Friday. This is not an event, we are all just happening to go to the same place on the same weekend. Not sure exactly what time, but I want to say 9:00 or 9:30 just outside of the gasdock area.
    Your 21 Hallett will do fine in my opinion, if it's a newer one. Mine has less freeboard than the newer ones, so we will be boat b!tches. My parents used to make the trip once a year in an 18' tri-hull, but I would not recommend that. Yes, it could still get hairy in the afternoon, requiring women and children and others to wear life jackets, just in case. I would take your boat and play it by ear, if it's a newer model Hallett.
    My .02

dimarcobros
    We did the trip last year but we were boat bitches. We have been boating for 27 years so we could get through it if push came to shove but not sure that is what we want to do. I think his boat would be good for Friday and Sunday when we are screwing around instead of the long haul. :idea:
    DMB

Three Days Only
    I was thinking about leaving closer to around 10:00, considering some of us are going to be real hung over from the night before.

dimarcobros
    I was thinking about leaving closer to around 10:00, considering some of us are going to be real hung over from the night before.
    I agree
    If memory sserves me correctly weren't you so hung over from Friday night last time that you didn't drink all day Saturday? :hammer2:
    DMB

Up 4 River
    I know this is not an organized event, but I was trying to be funny. If memory serves me correct Jeff drank so much Goose on Friday they got a late start on Saturday and still kicked our asses up the lake. Damn I need a bigger and faster boat!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Whenever you want, babe. I leave when Scream leaves. I am not in charge of anything, and I like it. Less than two weeks for me!!!

beer hunter
    So what time is everyone "just showing up" outside of the gas dock area?
    I’ll be driving out to Havasu via Needles that morning and may just decide to spend the day on Mohave instead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast