Thread: New headers

j-fib
    I need to get some new headers for a 454. I currently have water injected bassets. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of options i have or should i just get the same thing?

whats wrong with the headers u have?...if they r in gd shape & just worn from use (chrome)...u could have them hot coated & they would be just like new...they also run alot cooler that way...stick with the water injected...much better than dry pipes...there is a place in Cal that hot coats headers quite reasonable i'm told...someone on here can give u that info...hope this helps
    Ron

Twisties, or non twisties are pretty much your options if you get bassetts., rewarder is making all kinds of stuff, but i like bassetts, personally.
    i agree,just get em re-coted if they are not rusted all the way through and have some life left in them.

j-fib
    Thanks, the ones i got are pretty rusted out where the injectors go in. They need to be replaced. Ive also burned up my interior at the back of my boat, just some cosmetic stuff, Anyways i need to get something new, hopfully something that may run a bit cooler. Im tired of people getting burnt every trip. My dad is telling me to get some stock over the transome exaust. who sells it?

sdpm
    Thru transom water jacketed headers. Polished stainless steel looks and works awsome. Pretty spendy but they are the bomb!!

if u dont have a "play" toy...just a fun boat...the kind like "sdpm" suggests are gd...u can run them either way (ot or tt)...u can find some on Ebay that came off of factory Mercury marined 454's for far less than u will pay for a new set...they arent cheap...if u go with the headers...either 1's are gd...tell the people in the boat to keep there hands etc away from the headers..."THERE HOT" lol... i warn them once & if they dont get the hint...oh well

460 jus getn it
    keep them. get them jet hoted. had mine done and i love them. they look cool also. just my 2 cents

OneFastOne164
    I need to get some new headers for a 454. I currently have water injected bassets. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of options i have or should i just get the same thing?
    Turbo Hot Header Coating
    1006 E La Cadena Dr
    Riverside ca 92510
    (951) 781-4480
    I was going to get my headers recoated there but with further inspection of my headers I think I will get a brand new pair and just have coat the inside of my new headers once I have them back I will let you know how the quality of their work.