Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Castiac this sunday 5-21

Tonight.... I need to pull them off the camera.
    As for the cluster phuck at the ramp!!! OH YA!!! Boating tests and licensing needs to happen sooner then later !!! There were some of the dumbest people I've ever seen out there. Mike had 1 boat hit him, then another 5 minutes later almost drive right up his swim step...and his boat was PARKED at the dock :jawdrop:
    The sad part is that the friken cops sit up high on the damn over looking the ramp and just yell at people with a bull horn and the lifeguards just walk around with their thumbs in their a$$es !!! They need to enforce some laws and kick people out. The also need a ramp director that will keep things moving.
    Castaic has now become just a weekday only lake for me.
    Amen Rev..................I had 3 or 4 boats almost hit me :devil:
    F U C K CASTAIC

H20 Toie
    i guess i should be glad that i could not get in, i probably would not have much tolerance if someone hit my boat.

jackpunx
    i guess i should be glad that i could not get in, i probably would not have much tolerance if someone hit my boat.
    I would flip out.. when we got there.. there was a bayliner banging the rocks.. I asked them if they were broke down.. they said no.. just dont know how to drive.. so I walked over there.. got in the boat .. pulled it out.. and put them on the dock.. after the guy had totally messed up his prop.. and gouged his boat up from the rocks.. I wouldnt have been suprised if there was a hole in it.. it was pretty windy.. When im there.. i spend my time staying away from them.. make one quick swoop for the ramp.. and im gone..

plaster dave
    It was a great show at the ramp. Ya we need to do a weekday afternoon on lake, all in all I had a great time meeting everyone lets do it again soon.

MudPumper
    I almost never go on a weekend. It's nice Mon-Thurs in the afternoon. Most days I'm off by noon or 1 and only live about 20 min away so it works out great for me. :rollside:

Wavemaker
    The signs at the east ramp said "Light Debris". The launch ramps were covered with piles of "drift wood" and the floating sticks and stuff was all over the ramp milling area. I heard one guy complaining in the back canyon about over-heating. He thought the water inlet had sucked up a piece of wood or? Funny thing was he never got out of the boat to check the water inlet. Even when at anchor!
    Water was choppy from wind (7:30 A.M.) and by 10 A.M. was even worse from many wakes. We headed for the back canyon about 10:45 A.M. or so.
    Water level is way high.
    We saw lots of rafting up, lots of people having a good time. We left the back canyon at about noon. The ramp was an absolute traffic mess. Boats tied to the docks while some one gets their rig from the lot. Why can't these people just drop of their rig driver and get off the dock area so others can drop their driver of their rigs? No, just sit like "King Tut"!!! I really like the one that backs the trailer into the water (and sticks etc.) and leaves the truck & trailer sitting there for 20 minutes. The lifeguards or Sheriffs needs to get a system in place where you get pointed to a launch lane, have everyone and all your stuff already in the boat, get off the trailer and stand-off outside the immediate ramp area. When the rig driver gets back to the dock, pull up, get them onboard and get on with your day. Same thing when you go for the trailer. Drop the driver and get out to the back of the milling area. When your trailer is in the water ready to load the boat, get on the trailer and pull out. No need to tie up the ramp needlessly. With the lineup to get to the ramp from the parking lot, it took an hour from when we dropped of my wife until we loaded onto the trailer. A little courtesy and quick work at the ramp will be appreciated by many.
    Anyone agree? I just venting a little here as weekends are crowded at Castaic and, some people have no courtesy for others. - Wavemaker

Mrs Luvnlife
    We saw lots of rafting up, lots of people having a good time. We left the back canyon at about noon. The ramp was an absolute traffic mess. Boats tied to the docks while some one gets their rig from the lot. Why can't these people just drop of their rig driver and get off the dock area so others can drop their driver of their rigs? No, just sit like "King Tut"!!! I really like the one that backs the trailer into the water (and sticks etc.) and leaves the truck & trailer sitting there for 20 minutes. The lifeguards or Sheriffs needs to get a system in place where you get pointed to a launch lane, have everyone and all your stuff already in the boat, get off the trailer and stand-off outside the immediate ramp area. When the rig driver gets back to the dock, pull up, get them onboard and get on with your day. Same thing when you go for the trailer. Drop the driver and get out to the back of the milling area. When your trailer is in the water ready to load the boat, get on the trailer and pull out. No need to tie up the ramp needlessly. With the lineup to get to the ramp from the parking lot, it took an hour from when we dropped of my wife until we loaded onto the trailer. A little courtesy and quick work at the ramp will be appreciated by many.
    Anyone agree? I just venting a little here as weekends are crowded at Castaic and, some people have no courtesy for others. - Wavemaker
    Agree 100+%!! So bad that we're 5 minutes from Castaic and don't go there for our local boating!! Never thought I'd say BV was a better way to go for a day at the lake!! Weekdays are definitely the way to go....if ya have the opportunity to do it!! They have never had a nice 'flowing' launching/loading system and for that reason and all the knuckleheads that sit in front of the ramp and block me when I'm trying to put my boat on the trailer....I refuse to go there anymore! :hammer2:

Mrs.Racer277
    The signs at the east ramp said "Light Debris". The launch ramps were covered with piles of "drift wood" and the floating sticks and stuff was all over the ramp milling area. I heard one guy complaining in the back canyon about over-heating. He thought the water inlet had sucked up a piece of wood or? Funny thing was he never got out of the boat to check the water inlet. Even when at anchor!
    Water was choppy from wind (7:30 A.M.) and by 10 A.M. was even worse from many wakes. We headed for the back canyon about 10:45 A.M. or so.
    Water level is way high.
    I agree 100%. Since when is the launch area a parking lot. Move the heck out. Dang. And do not do all your prep on the ramp. Geez!
    BV can get crazy at times too. But it is still better then most. Now if they could just do something about that water. :yuk:

jackpunx
    I love BV.. but the cops keep a close eye on me when Im there..

JetBoatRich
    I love BV.. but the cops keep a close eye on me when Im there..
    Can't blame them :idea: must be tough at Castaic to keep the boat at 35 MPH :supp:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast