Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: "IP" address? I need to find one.

Lake Ape
    CVX-20's Rock!

Tom Brown
    CVX-20's Rock!
    You know your boats, I have to give you that.

C-2
    Hey geek boys...
    What happens to an IP address when posting at a Wi-Fi hotspot? Does the wi-fi host computer's show up, or the IP from your pewter? I'm guessing the wi-fi host?

Tom Brown
    I'll leave this one for you, Lake Ape.

bigq
    Hey geek boys...
    What happens to an IP address when posting at a Wi-Fi hotspot? Does the wi-fi host computer's show up, or the IP from your pewter? I'm guessing the wi-fi host?
    They do DHCP and use NAT(Address translation) mostly so it is the public IP of the router exposed.

Tom Brown
    Also check out my thread on What's the Skinny on Cheetah boats, it's doing really well!
    In the interest of reconciliation, I'll give you my opinion on Cheetah boats.
    I've heard a bunch of stuff about them... rumors... and they're all positive. I've never been in one. I've only seen a couple in person and they weren't on the water.
    I ride around in a 1977 Glastron and have a ton of fun. If the situation were different, I would happily run a Bayliner.
    ... so my opinion is this: The guy who has a boat and doesn't care what other people think about it but just goes out and has fun on the water... is the guy who wins at the end of the day.
    This isn't to say that I don't admire and respect the high-end custom boats but it's pretty clear I will always be shopping the value end of the boat market.
    - Tom

sorry dog
    ... so my opinion is this: The guy who has a boat and doesn't care what other people think about it but just goes out and has fun on the water... is the guy who wins at the end of the day.
    This isn't to say that I don't admire and respect the high-end custom boats but it's pretty clear I will always be shopping the value end of the boat market.
    - Tom
    I tried to shop at the value end with a wife, but had to pull the trigger on something more expensive because sometimes looks matter.
    Therefore, like you, I am relegated to the 28 year old value boat shopping.
    -SD (changing my MAC address so that you don't spoof me with your Etherpeeks)

Spotondl
    What's your ISP and IP in my sig?

NorCal Gameshow
    I think I'll go ping my beer bottle to see if I need a refill now.

Tom Brown
    What's your ISP and IP in my sig?
    You tell me.
    Nothing like a little social engineering, eh?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast