Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Crapping Out..

Floored
    new filter. they are only 6-7 bucks :idea:

xs ultra
    replace the spark plug is also a good start.And check the dist. cap for any water or moisture.?

MudPumper
    with the seperators that dont have the petcock on the bottom, is there any way to remove the water from it? or do you have to buy a new filter/seperator?
    Vic, you just unscrew them and dump it upside down. I do this two or three times and then just replace it.

EliminatorJet
    so where am i going to get a good deal on a separator? It looks like Rex has the head for $66 and a filter for $30ish

Tresguey
    try summit or jegs. Perma-Cool has a very nice set up i use on my boats and alot less money.

cave
    West Marine has the adapter, kinda like a remote oil filter deal. and a bunch of different filters ranging from 10 bux to 40 bux. Not the online store the walk in.

Keithb87
    What distributor are you running? If it's a GM HEI (Factory type) it could be the dist. module.

Taylorman
    with the seperators that dont have the petcock on the bottom, is there any way to remove the water from it? or do you have to buy a new filter/seperator?
    Just remove the filter and pour out all the fluid, should remove the water.
    so where am i going to get a good deal on a separator?
    I bought one from West Marine when i first bought my boat. I had ALOT of water in my fuel tanks. The water seperator eventually caught it all. I had to empty water sep. two or three times each time i took the boat out. Now its all gone. I use a Raycor i bought from West Marine. The replacement filters are $20 buck and i replace before the summer starts every year. It WELL worth the money. This one should be ok for a mildly stock engine. It has a drain in the bottom of the clear bowl to drain the water out. You can see the water in the bowl if there is any water in it. The West Marine part # is 4613121. Try this link (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...=68&storeNum=6)
    The replacement filter is Racor part # S3227.

probablecause
    Also, check eBay ("Water Fuel Separator" (http://search.ebay.com/water-fuel-separator))
    They sell them all day long

Tresguey
    Jegs sales the Perma-Cool fuel/water seperator for 31.99 part number 771-81794. i use this on my boats and have never had a problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast