Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom DJ Coffin...finished pictures

Froggystyle
    Funny you should just be finishing yours... I just had a coffin custom built to hold the CDJ's, Final Scratch and all the other gear. I sent them the wood (red birch) to use for it and built this new table for my stuff.
    You need to swing by now bro... we have more lights, another laser and this new booth with new Beringer monitors. Bad Ass!!!!
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/f...booth_pics.jpg
    Booth is obviously not done yet, but it will be at the house today. The coffin isn't done yet, but it is a full ATA road case so I can go play out with it now. My amp, CD shuttle and rack mount PC for FS is all in another 12 space rolling rack.
    Nice job on the coffin bro. It looks totally trick. I love the wood color. You should be really proud of yourself. This was my first foray into finished woodwork. I did a purple base stain with a dark red mahogany top and automotive clearcoat.

Jordy
    Hey Wes, not to nitpick here, but aren't you supposed to be building boats, not DJ coffins???
    Both of those look pretty sweet though.

Froggystyle
    Hey Wes, not to nitpick here, but aren't you supposed to be building boats, not DJ coffins???
    Both of those look pretty sweet though.
    I'm practicing my craftsmanship... and testing my spray equipment out...

KACHINA KEN
    Why are you set up battle style if you spin progressive???

Froggystyle
    I set up battle style too. We both scratch a little (Fenix a lot more than me) and I like cutting as well. Plus, it takes up less room left to right and with three turntables it makes a difference.

Liberator TJ1984
    I may be seein' things ....but is that a Condom Dispenser against the wall :jawdrop:
    http://www.djfeniks.com/i/pics/Cool/..._frontleft.jpg
    maybe not

ROZ
    That's no coffin... It needs 3 handles on each side for that...

Dr. Eagle
    Dude...
    That's sick!

Phat Matt
    He started off as a hip hop dj. At his current place he's limitted on space so he has them set up like that. He's use to it. I'm not though. I like them turned the right way, the house way.
    I would like to see him scratch with that rotarty mixer though. It's kida hard without faders.

Doctor Feniks
    yeah...no scratching on this setup. this is was simply built to be a mixer's dream. 3 turntables going at once is not as easy as it sounds....kinda adds a whole new dimension to the mixing. as far as why i set it up battle style.....well....like PM said...i used to spin alot of hip hop and simply got used to it this way. plus the needle actually holds the groove better this way as it is farther from your hand (which is a source of vibration). also, as was mentioned earlier, in order to fit 3 turntables into this coffin and not have the damn thing bend in the middle i had to put them this way. if they were setup the normal way the coffin would have had to be another 12 inches longer. as it is, it is already 6 feet long. any longer and it would surely bend in the middle from the weight. with all the equipment in it, this thing weighs about 250 lbs. it's a heavy mofo... i can always hook up my other mixers (i have 2 others) if i feel the need to scratch (my balls).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast