Thread: Silly Midgets

Dr. Eagle
    Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight
    An African Lion much like this is responsible for the death of 28 Cambodian Midgets
    Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion
    Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.
    The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.
    Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."
    This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.
    An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.
    The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.
    The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.
    Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”
    Unfortunately, he was wrong.
    :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
    Always check yer references...

Dr. Eagle
    It's from the BBC...
    A wholly reliable source...LOL!

NOTALENT
    Holy shit...haha..sad..but fockin..funny..Imagine watching them little guys running around trying to fight that LION...they dont call them the king of jungle for nothing!! :220v:

HM
    Hey HH, I have been having fun with audio attachments...but nobody seems to
    notice (http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3...gh=on-dope.mp3) . I cracked myself up on my last on in the apology thread, and still laughing at the first one.
    If I had $112 Mil, I would pay those midgets to fight the lions. :rollside:

Dr. Eagle
    Friday, 24 January, 2003, 16:51 GMT
    Lion urine used in stress research
    People's reactions to different odours were measured
    Lion urine has been used by a student from south Wales to study the link between smell and stress in humans.
    David Reardon, 21, from Newport, who is studying biological sciences at Coventry University said that the project was a roaring success.
    One person vomited after they smelt the lion urine
    David Reardon, student
    Urine taken from lions at Twycross Zoo in the west Midlands and other scents including roses, citrus and cinnamon were used in the experiment.
    The aim of the research was to find out how stressed people became when smelling certain odours.
    People taking part in the research were asked to smell unmarked containers which held t-shirts soaked in a variety of odours while their reactions were recorded.
    "I wanted to do a project using the resources that were near me and there is zoo near Coventry, so I thought I would do a project using mammal scent," said Mr Reardon.
    "I think the zoo thought it was a bit of a prank when I first asked them and I had to get written confirmation from my project supervisor.
    "In a nutshell my research showed that women prefer sweeter smells and the men weren't that bothered.
    "In the animal kingdom smells are used to assist in finding a mate.
    Lion urine was used to determine the stress levels in humans
    "Humans are animals and I wanted to see whether the same applied to the scent of men and women and also the different reactions to pleasant and unpleasant smells.
    "I decided to include the scent of lion urine because lions are one of the biggest predators and I wanted to investigate the stress reaction felt by humans when they smelt this scent," he said.
    Mr Reardon asked 16 people to smell unmarked sealed containers while he recorded their reaction, heart rate, blood pressure and immune response.
    "Many of the women triggered an excited response when smelling the scent of roses and the men preferred the citrus fragrance," he said.
    Unappealing
    But the smell of lion urine did not appeal to the participants.
    "One person vomited after they smelt the lion urine," he said.
    Doctor Rubina Mian who led the stress research group at the university said: "I am delighted with the initiative David has shown in this project.
    "I think Twycross Zoo were a little confused when David asked for some lion pee but they have been most helpful."

Havasu Hangin'
    Hey HH, I have been having fun with audio attachments...but nobody seems to
    notice (http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3...gh=on-dope.mp3) . I cracked myself up on my last on in the apology thread, and still laughing at the first one.
    If I had $112 Mil, I would pay those midgets to fight the lions. :rollside:
    Good job, HolyMoly...somebody has to keep these guys on their toes.
    Lately, it's been ALL CAPS and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!! Maybe we should revive the REAL HUMOR!!!!!!
    :hammerhea :hammerhea

Dr. Eagle
    Good job, HolyMoly...somebody has to keep these guys on their toes.
    Lately, it's been ALL CAPS and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!! Maybe we should revive the REAL HUMOR!!!!!!
    :hammerhea :hammerhea
    That's some funny schiznit...

WaTchTheGelCoat
    I beleve the "PC" term for those people is "Dwarf", or "little people" Thank you.

Dr. Eagle
    The story was a prank. They spoofed a BBC report.
    I know, but the lion urine one is for real... :smile: