Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: do you let your wife/gf drive your truck...

SIXDAYZ
    Wife drives a Suburban, so she's used to larger vehicles. A few years ago I bought a new dually and the wife asks if she can drive it home from the dealer. "Why not", I say. She's a good driver. So I hop in the burb to follow her home and nearly sh!t myself at every corner, with a full potty mouth tirade the whole way. She doesn't have a clue about the fenders for the duals, and like a moron I didn't mention it to her before she left. So she nearly hits every parked car, street sign, whatever, but makes it home with no damage to the truck, just a new ulcer for me. She pulls into the driveway and gets out looking all happy until she sees me pull up. So I get out of the car and she asks why I look so sick and pale, but I can't answer 'cause I think I was speaking in tongues, and the kids pile out of the burb crying ("Mommy, daddy scared us and said words we never heard before"). So she gets pissed at me for freaking out the kids, but still doesn't know why I'm a wreck. After I change my drawers I explain to her about the duals, wider footprint, blah blah blah, and everything's cool. Since then she has driven the hell out of all my trucks, can handle the boat and truck on the ramps, and wouldn't be caught dead in anything smaller than a burb. So long story short, I guess I trust her!

vegasriverjunkie
    I must be the bravest one (or stupidist) to let my ex-wife join me on the boat (with our kids) and also let her park my Tahoe and also trailer down to scoop up the boat at the end of the day. I guess I just wanted to launch faster than doing it all by myself. Anyways she knows how to back it in OK. :idea:

JetBoatRich
    My wife drives the truck like she has been doing it for years :wink: Between that and the RV she manuvers them without a problem :wink: :wink:

XtrmWakeborder
    My g/f drives my ride, except at night because the tint is so darm you cant see anything but a faint glimmer of headlights throught the windows. Then again i'm lowered and its easy to drive. I'm going to teach her how to drive the boat in a couple weeks.

Ultrafied
    Never really thought of it as my truck. I usually drive it, but whenever she wants, she drives it. Never thought of having her ask to use it .....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789