Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Giving my notice Monday.......

Racer277
    Way to go HP, good luck with everything! :clover:
    Doesn't sound like you'll need it though....

rivercookdave
    No reason to post this other than I'm a little nervous about a job change.
    Well, as a Ford dealership technician I am throwing in the towel. Warranty times have been slashed over the last several years, more and more paperwork heaped on, less and less work coming in. Mid- 90's was the glory days for me, during summer had 4 stalls wide with 3 cars deep and turning 25 hrs. day several months consistently. Now 35-80 hrs. in half a month(too many techs., there are 26 in our shop)
    25 yrs. experience, 10 years at current job, working for 22% of the labor rate. Used to be 50% when I got into this business! Not whining, just giving facts. New job is at a place called Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo. They are the local Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini and Alfa Romeo service dept.
    $4 more per hr. w/base guarantee of 8 hrs. day sounds good right now.
    Should be some good experience working on these high end motors and suspensions. Looking forward to a change of pace. :coffeycup
    Know the feeling all too well,used to do 100-150 hrs a pay period,now 40-80,also used to get 50%,now get 30%,and with the menu pricing a lot of it works out to be 20%.warranty times have been cut to boot.looking to get out of wrenchin,been at the same dealership 25 yrs.have 42 yrs exper.Good luck with the Italian stuff,just remember,most of their elect.is still lucas (inventors of darkness)lol.suspensions and brakes are pretty easy and straight forward,engines are real tempermental though. The dealerships want the tech's under 25%,and that just doesnt make the house paymt. sounds like you made a good switch though. O yeah,3.5 days on a ferrari 30k,isnt out of line.you might get it down to just under 3,depends on parts.lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234