Thread: how do you price a boat??

99 232 baja
    Went on line to see what my boat is worth and all it shows is avg. retail, then right below it is says if boat is in exceptional cond. the price could be significantly higher than avg retail. So, what percentage do you use to raise the price??? Also is loan value the true value of the boat? Just need some clarifacation.

RiverDave
    I figured if I owned it, it's atleast worth 5 more grand then any other ones like it in the paper..
    RD

moneypit
    If its anything other than a DCB- subtract 25% off of what your neighbors sister's boyfriends cousin says. Dont beleive me? Ask around

DEEZ NUTTS
    Look for comps in the boat trader.

99 232 baja
    If its anything other than a DCB- subtract 25% off of what your neighbors sister's boyfriends cousin says. Dont beleive me? Ask around HAHA, made me laugh.

Ziggy
    Look for comps in the boat trader.
    This is the best advise, the book values don't reflect the market. Basically its whatever the market will allow to sell it for........or let RD sell it for you after he works it over some.

Kilrtoy
    Do you want to sell it.....
    Price it to sell, Granted we all want to mak3 money.....
    Example
    I priced my old boat at 31K
    A boat that was the same make and model but one year older and yes it had checkers. Was for sale for 37.5K
    I sold mine in 2 days
    this guy sold it in 6 months after he lowered the price to 32K and who knows what he took......

Coleitis22
    This is the best advise, the book values don't reflect the market. Basically its whatever the market will allow to sell it for........or let RD sell it for you after he works it over some.
    Start in Boat Trader for comps. Go to NADA for a base price plus options.Call a dealer and see what they suggest. When you pull up your boat in Boat Trader and there are 10 others like yours for sale you may have a problem. Next boat, buy a quality boat from a reputable builder. Pay a little more but your resale value will hold.

Coleitis22
    If its anything other than a DCB- subtract 25% off of what your neighbors sister's boyfriends cousin says. Dont beleive me? Ask around
    DCB, yes but don't leave out Howard

Kilrtoy
    DCB, yes but don't leave out Howard
    Who is howard, never met him