Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any one live in RSM?

Mtg Pro
    We live in RSM now that they included Robinson. We have great schools and youth activities.

beer hunter
    PM Beer Hunter, KevinMCD, and Music to my Ears. They all live there.
    One of the best cities/areas to raise a family, period!

THOR
    I like it down there, but I love living here in HB still. Beer Hunter lives in a killer area named Wagon Wheel. It is right next to Coto de Caza. Foothill Ranch is sweet too like Bunny said. Ladera is nice and new, but like others have said the houses are very close together and the lots arent nearly as big. Portola Hills is nice too.

cdog
    I'm a little worried about the prop. tax... Aside from that it looks like a great community. Supprisingly the title information does'nt say anything about what tax rate they charge in that area. It shows a total ass. amount of $326,503 for the year 2004 and a annual tax amount of $4,125....So thats about 1.25% tax... This home was built in 1989 and has the org. owners in it. Like I said before, I like the newer homes but the tax's and zero lot lines kill me.

HCS
    No comment. Don't know the place. :notam:

MRS. REAPER
    We live in the Las Flores area of RSM (Antonio/Oso), close to where you're looking....great neighborhoods, nice people, and area always kept up. Not all communities are 2%, actually I think Ladera Ranch is the highest - I think there are many areas of RSM that are way less than 1.5%, it's always less the earlier it was built. We have a detached house, so our association is around $70/month to city of Las Flores, and then $40 for our individual community, pool, and tot lot.
    We moved from Lake Forest previously, where all property taxes are only 1%, but homes are older....it's a tradeoff, but well worth it because we have small children and look forward to the schools here in South OC.
    Good luck!

TheLurker
    Thanks for the info. Were driving down there tommarrow to check out a home. .....
    I am another local east of Plano Trabuco and can confirm what has been said. Nice community, good schools, some are a little crowed but where aren’t they. Good place to raise a family. Kind of a small town atmosphere.
    Well Cdog what did you think of the house?

phebus
    We love the area. We are at Antonio and Tijeras Creek. Right on Tijeras Creek golf course. I am a fireman in Rancho Santa Margarita, and if I can provide you with any information on the area let me know.
    Rick

Waldo
    We live in Ladera Ranch (Antonio & Crown) and our prop taxes are 1.9. Houses are definitely close together but we love the community and what it offers our family. Some people don't necessarily like the planned community living so my suggestion to you is to do your research and do what is best for your family.
    We have only one HOA but other developments in Ladera have two assoc dues (condos/townhomes). Prices have skyrocketed in the last 3 years since we've been here. Like mentioned above, we thought about bigger and more $ but decided on a river place instead.
    The Rock-a-Bye-Baby's live in the Las Flores area and some other friends of ours live in Foothill Ranch. Both of these places are very nice.
    Good Luck.

cdog
    We drove all over hell and back yesterday..RSM is a great community and we felt at home there. We did find a pretty nice house. It is lacking a couple of things but one neighbor had a boat and the other had quads so i'd fit right in. . Really hard decicion......We are stuck over going to AZ or staying here and paying 800K + for a home just feels crazy when we can go to AZ and spend 600k and get something bigger and newer. It's a home and a lifestyle change if we go to AZ. Either way we're in for some big changes soon. We're going to AZ on June 2nd to meet with a broker for me and hopefully take a look at some homes. Mabey it will be easier once we take a look out there too. I will tell you that if we do stay here RSM will be our new home.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast