Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flow-coat

Kurtis500
    A quart of black gel with wax in it costs a whole $10 bucks... I pay $28 for a gallon at the local auto paint store. Thats a cheap price for doing it right! :hammer2: Mike
    $140 for a 5 gallon jug isnt bad..is it tooling gel? If so, I need the name and number for that place.

A quart of black gel with wax in it costs a whole $10 bucks... I pay $28 for a gallon at the local auto paint store. Thats a cheap price for doing it right! :hammer2: Mike
    If it were me, i probably would NOT use any gel/ flo-cote with a surfacing agent (wax) in it! your gonna be more likely to have problems with laying down a flo-cote (over the gel with "wax") without dealing with fisheye's
    just my .02, have dealt with this and its not a pretty outcome! :frown:
    Todd

SANGER-RICH
    Rich....There's a place in West Sac.... Call Mike's Marine, they can get it for you...Ask for Greg or Brian..But they will be in Red bluff till Monday.....
    Can anyone give me the number for Mikes Marine?? I cant find a listing for it in 411.

NitroFish
    Mike's Marine 707.678.4839 1301 D. Business Park, Dixon CA.

EXTREMEBOATS
    Just a bit more info for everyone. When you use a wax additive it can be removed by wiping the gel or resin repair with a rag and acetone. Acetone will break the surface beyond the wax. "I" wipe the repair atleast twice to be sure the wax is removed. Fish eye is now not a issue. Even using material with wax all ready in it. This is really easier than you think. Hell I'll go as far to offer to send you enough gel coat to do what you need FREE to help you and others understand its simplicity. Mike :hammerhea

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123