Just got the boat back from the paint shop, WOW. Jim started on the front with a large purple flame shaded out in the heart of the flame, runs the length of the hull, then brought another set from the bottom up, starts out white and runs through the color spectrum to dark on the tips, tilting backwards. The tips of the flames have that paint that changes colors as you change angles. THen added the first layer of clear, then the second with diamond dust, then the third layer of clear. Now when the boat sits in the water with the sun shinning on it, and the water rippling all around it reflects off the hull nad makes the flames dance due to the light reflecting at different angles... AWSOME, just plain AWSOME. This guy is a prodogy...
On a less positive note, after the boat came back from the manufacturer where they only half azz drained the engine both sea water pumps AND oil coolers froze and had to be replaced. Man, will NEVER go back to that deal..... At least I have good mechanics here, they have everything running ship shape and have been GREAT about making sure it is RIGHT.
Once I find the cord for the camera I will Load pics....
Next question, motor question, I am considering changing out motors, either rebuild existing 454's, or start new with 502's, I have a GREAT machinist as a client (I also pulled him out of the woods when he was having a heart attack) so I can get anything I need done in a machine shop at low cost and great results.
Should I rebuild the 454's, or start from scratch with 502's? I would like to make 450 or so hp, with turn key, long term reliability being priority....
THANKS!!!!!!!!!111