--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay Guys, here it is in a nutshell. Last year cost me $1200 out of my own pocket to put on the roost. (and Ruggs traded a paint-job for the Band) I'm not doing that again this year. Just can't.
So far, 7 people have registered, and 3 have paid. As you can see, it is pretty hard to tell the caterer how many people we will need to feed, and it's getting pretty close to time that he has to know.
Last year we had about 50 people send me emails saying they would attend, and probably 130-150 showed up. About 75 attended dinner, which is where we collected fees, so there were about half who attended but did not contribute or attend dinner. One of these that I can think of was by far the loudest critic of last years roost also. Doesn't that just figure???? LOL
IF by the time I return from France on 10 June, there is not a dramatic enrollment, I have no choice but to make some crucial changes.
They will be as follows:
1. Band will be cancelled
2. Money will be refunded to those who have paid to date.
3. Awards Ceremony & prizes will be cancelled.
4. T-shirts will be ordered and paid for at the roost, and sent by mail.
5. There will be a pot-luck dinner on Saturday night where everyone brings something.
6. We will still have the bridge Roost, and video & pictures.
This may not be a bad way to do things anyway. To me, Sunday was the best day of the two last year. It was more laid-back, people got the opportunity to talk more and get to know each other. The first roost was basically a pre-determined time for a get together, and everyone had a great time both days.
Post up your thoughts....it's not set in stone....yet.
Ken F