I've got a 94 f-150 with the 302 and am thinking of doing a motor refresh. Its got 130k miles and is a little weak for what I want to do/tow. I've done the exhaust, air intake, chip, gears, and lifted it.
I was thinking of doing a super charger kit but with the motor being up there in age I thought maybe a rebuild would be better. Thinking of stroking it to 331 and adding the 64cc windsor iron heads I have just lying around (2.02 int.) This would put it at 9.7 comp ratio, 91 oct area for iron heads I guess.
Do I need to have the computer reflashed if I do some mods like this? I figured I'd have to change the injectors and maybe throttle body size but don't know if this is a learning type efi or one thats needs a new program.
Anybody have any experience with this or suggestions? A new rig is outta the question right now due to building a shop and other stuff on the table this year. I've upgraded a lot of stuff and it has the E40D tranny (same as 3/4 tons in the era) that I'll have it rebuilt just to be safe at the same time.
Thanks,
jd