Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: my boat rocks

Phat Matt
    ... now how can a fetus like you know anything about Rapper's Delight?
    Are you kidding me? The song is a jam. I still like to mix it in once in a while. Don't get me started. Who did they take the bassline from?

spectras only
    Tom, you and Hoolio should make a trip to Kelowna this summer. I'll be staying at the Grand between july 15 -22
    and they let me keep my boat in the canal while there .We could go for a rip. Now back to the Bayliner topic. I almost bought a rare model [ 1986 23 Cobra ],it could have been made to a stealth model with the factory stuff/name removed and put a big a.....ss engine in it. :eat:

Tom Brown
    Who did they take the bassline from?
    I thought it was original?
    I wasn't kidding about that song. I still listen to it once in a while. It's cool to see that song still hanging in there after 25 years and a few generations of young listeners.
    Back around 1979 when they released that song, my brother was working in Montreal and he sent a few copies of that album out to the prairies (there was about a 2 year lag for pop music to make it to the prairies back then and RAP didn't get here until the late 90s... we missed out on a lot music back then with only two radio stations) for my brothers and I to check out. He said it was the weirdest thing he'd ever heard. We enjoyed it from the first play.
    One of the current "bands" took the synth line from Yaz - Situation. I love Yaz and recognized it instantly. It's a current hit. I don't know the song but the video features a guy standing on a giant synthesizer and playing the tune with his feet. I guess there's no point writing music anymore.
    If you want to check out some weird shit... the entire Yaz - Upstairs At Eric's album is pretty solid. It's not the RAP you youngsters seem to enjoy so much, though.

Tom Brown
    Tom, you and Hoolio should make a trip to Kelowna this summer. I'll be staying at the Grand between july 15 -22
    and they let me keep my boat in the canal while there .
    Let me work on it. :idea:
    I would definitely be boatless, though.

Kim Hanson
    and they let me keep my boat in the canal while there .We could go for a rip. Now back to the Bayliner topic. I almost bought a rare model [ 1986 23 Cobra ],it could have been made to a stealth model with the factory stuff/name removed and put a big a.....ss engine in it. :eat:
    The Grand has the best in boat launchs, tons of room and they don't bitch at you when you are smoking up the place trying to set your timing under a load........( . )( . )......... GayLiners Suck also... :notam:

spectras only
    We are pampered there for free [ wife will work there while I'll play ] This thing could go for once every year
    for awhile .

Tom Brown
    The Grand has the best in boat launchs, tons of room and they don't bitch at you when you are smoking up the place trying to set your timing under a load........( . )( . ).........
    http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrow...k/img_2346.jpg

spectras only
    Fumigation in progress :rollside: Kim, is that the new V-8 Force engine

Tom Brown
    Hey Kim... remember when you said you were going to drink my ass under the table?
    http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrow...k/img_2327.jpg

Phat Matt
    I thought it was original?
    I wasn't kidding about that song. I still listen to it once in a while. It's cool to see that song still hanging in there after 25 years and a few generations of young listeners.
    Back around 1979 when they released that song, my brother was working in Montreal and he sent a few copies of that album out to the prairies (there was about a 2 year lag for pop music to make it to the prairies back then and RAP didn't get here until the late 90s... we missed out on a lot music back then with only two radio stations) for my brothers and I to check out. He said it was the weirdest thing he'd ever heard. We enjoyed it from the first play.
    One of the current "bands" took the synth line from Yaz - Situation. I love Yaz and recognized it instantly. It's a current hit. I don't know the song but the video features a guy standing on a giant synthesizer and playing the tune with his feet. I guess there's no point writing music anymore.
    If you want to check out some weird shit... the entire Yaz - Upstairs At Eric's album is pretty solid. It's not the RAP you youngsters seem to enjoy so much, though.
    Yaz was a great group. I loved all the electronic music when I was growing up. Still do. That's probably why I like house music so much.
    Sugar Hill Gang took the bassline line from Chic's Good Times. I think they came out the same year. 1979. I was 4.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast