Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Boat Registration Fees!

Boatcop
    The Governor signed the bill on Friday (05/20). Boat Registration Fees will be restructured. No more Registration Fee and a "tax" based on length. It is now just a simple fee, based soley on residency status and length of boat. The new fees (below) will go into effect on September 1st.
    Resident Owner:
    TWELVE FEET AND LESS $20.00
    TWELVE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTEEN FEET $22.00
    SIXTEEN FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY FEET $30.00
    TWENTY FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY-SIX FEET $35.00
    TWENTY-SIX FEET ONE INCH THROUGH THIRTY-NINE FEET $39.00
    THIRTY-NINE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTY-FOUR FEET $44.00
    SIXTY-FOUR FEET ONE INCH AND OVER $66.00
    Nonresident owner,
    TWELVE FEET AND LESS $100.00
    TWELVE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTEEN FEET $110.00
    SIXTEEN FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY FEET $222.00
    TWENTY FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY-SIX FEET $259.00
    TWENTY-SIX FEET ONE INCH THROUGH THIRTY-NINE FEET $292.00
    THIRTY-NINE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTY-FOUR FEET $330.00
    SIXTY-FOUR FEET ONE INCH AND GREATER $495.00
    They are also cross checking boat registration with State Income Tax records to ensure that "Residents" are actually "Residents" and don't simply have an address in AZ.
    Hunting and Fishing Licenses fees are also changing.

bear down
    Still cheaper than California

slink
    Does Arizona have an Actor as a Governor too? :boxingguy

Jordy
    Does Arizona have an Actor as a Governor too? :boxingguy
    Yeah, she acts like a woman.

Dusty Times
    She's not a very good impersonator. :hammerhea

voodoomedman
    Still cheaper than California but that sucks. They get enough money off of Property Tax from my house and Sales Tax everytime I buy gas and food and furniture and supplies for the house. No offense to Arizona in general just damn government. If they would quit wasting money and get their freaking acts together they wouldn't need to keep raising taxes. I'm glad at least I'm already paid til September next year at the lower rates.

Boatcop
    They get enough money off of Property Tax from my house and Sales Tax everytime I buy gas and food and furniture and supplies for the house.
    Just to put things in perspective, the Arizona Game and Fish Dept. is funded completely through Boat Registration and Fishing/Hunting License fees. They don't get any Property/Sales/Gas, etc. tax money, nor do they get any State General Funds.
    In addition, a portion of the Boat Registration fees goes to the State Lake Improvement Fund Grant program, (to add ramps, rest rooms, campsites, etc. and other improvements to Arizona State Parks and Arizona Lake Recreation Areas) and to the Arizona Law Enforcement & Boating Safety Fund Grants to Counties (to fund County Sheriff Lake Patrol Officer Salaries.)
    Basically put, the benefits enjoyed by the State's boaters are paid for by the State's boaters. If not for the way these funds are used, the other things you mention would be a whole lot higher.

beach gomer
    My fee's just went from 116.00 a year to 290.00.Thats over double. Nothing like raising it over 100%.

Kilrtoy
    Ok thanks BC...
    I have aquestion....
    If you live and work in cali, but own a house in havasu which would you fall under........

Boatcop
    Ok thanks BC...
    I have aquestion....
    If you live and work in cali, but own a house in havasu which would you fall under........
    You answered that question yourself.
    Just owning property or having a vacation home in AZ doesn't make one a "Resident" under the law. To qualify as a Resident Arizona must be your primary home. Including, voting, employment, vehicle registration, kids attending school, paying State Income taxes as a "resident", etc. etc.
    The Game and Fish Dept. has been pretty lax in enforcing this, pretty much just basing it on addresses. However, there was so much abuse and fraud, (using PO Boxes, friend's addresses, etc.) they realized how much revenue they were losing and have begun imposing the law as written and are now verifying that all persons registering as a "Resident" are indeed "Residents".

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast