Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayson Craft GN For Sale....

GofastRacer
    I don't get what I'm seeing on the plate pads on this thing? Are they different lengths, and tapered like a tee-pee? Can someone explain? :coffeycup
    Have you noticed the lenght of the turnbuckles, they are all the same lenght. Those are not the real heavy duty ones and if you were to put long ones on the ones in the center would break, thus the reason for taller plate bosses toward the center!..

steelcomp
    Have you noticed the lenght of the turnbuckles, they are all the same lenght. Those are not the real heavy duty ones and if you were to put long ones on the ones in the center would break, thus the reason for taller plate bosses toward the center!..
    OK...I got that part, but dosen't that put a bending moment on the plate bosses? Lot of stress on the hardware holding the plate pads to the plate. Dosen't look cosher to me...at least not from the pic. Can't really tell, though.
    Thanks GF.

steelcomp
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddd Sell them things & land this puppy! Come on man... wake up! This boat is foshizzilnizzil!!!
    Maxi...just up and sell 2 boats, huh. OK...they're for sale. If I thought I could get what I wanted for these in time to score the Rayson, I would. Besides, my Spectra isn't going to be any slouch...just got to ditch the ditch pump ride...when I'm done with it.

GofastRacer
    OK...I got that part, but dosen't that put a bending moment on the plate bosses? Lot of stress on the hardware holding the plate pads to the plate. Dosen't look cosher to me...at least not from the pic. Can't really tell, though.
    Thanks GF.
    The pic may be a bit deceiving, the bosses are actually pointing straight up, the pad is at an angle similar to mine!..
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...5/12Bosses.jpg

sneed
    Thanks GF.
    Its very kosher actually the plate pads are made from stainless and being the turnbuckles are shorter in the center ther is less bind.

sneed
    How about a Schwinn Bike
    then what would you ride to work

sneed
    Looks like it was a old boat rebuilt. If so what year and will you take payments. I can give you $500.00 down.
    you still havnt paid me for the last three boats you bought from me

steelcomp
    Its very kosher actually the plate pads are made from stainless and being the turnbuckles are shorter in the center ther is less bind.
    I'm not tallking about bind. I'm talking about the fact that as the turn buckle pushes down, it also pushes back, since it's not at a right angle to the cav plate, and not pointing straight down. This back- pushing wants to push the plate pad rearward as well as push down on it. I'm talking forward and aft motion, not side to side. The closer the turn buckle is to the plate, (the shorter the plate pad) the less leverage the plate pad has on the bolts attaching it to the plate. With those long plate pads sticking up like that, I'm just sayin that it's not ideal. There's a lot of unnecessary stress there, and eventually asking for a failure.

sneed
    I'm not tallking about bind. I'm talking about the fact that as the turn buckle pushes down, it also pushes back, since it's not at a right angle to the cav plate, and not pointing straight down. This back- pushing wants to push the plate pad rearward as well as push down on it. I'm talking forward and aft motion, not side to side. The closer the turn buckle is to the plate, (the shorter the plate pad) the less leverage the plate pad has on the bolts attaching it to the plate. With those long plate pads sticking up like that, I'm just sayin that it's not ideal. There's a lot of unnecessary stress there, and eventually asking for a failure.
    All i can tell you is that it works with no trouble at all it was rigged by jerry gilbreth and he knows more then me

sneed
    Hey steel comp i just looked at the pic it doesnt look like that in person

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast