Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sucks To Be Me!!

phebus
    Good to see you back Phebus.
    Thank you very much. I am home, but it will be a long time until I get back to the river again.
    Rick

TheLurker
    Thank you very much. I am home, but it will be a long time until I get back to the river again.
    Rick
    Sorry to hear that. No need to be in a hurry when messing with the spinal cord. I hope the recovery goes well.

Garrddogg
    Don't mess with it. See a good neurosurgeon, and get a proper diagnosis. trust me.
    How you feelin so far? what did they do to you?

phebus
    Triple diskectomy, and a lot of bone grinding to leave room for nerves to exit. My L4-L5 disc was basically shattered , so a triple level fusion is next, unless the doctor can come up with another option. He is at a conference/seminar back in Ohio this week, and says there are some new techniques coming in the near future, so he is trying to buy me some time before commiting. He says a fusion will leave me with a chronic bad back for life, with future complications in the future. We will see, but I am flat on my back for the next month.
    Rick

Garrddogg
    OH SHIAT.... I know my pain level is un fugging believable, yours must be ABSOLUTLEY UNREAL !

Red Horse
    I used to have back pain, but then I started working my back. I think that if the muscles are strong along the spinal cord then less of a chance for it to hurt. I use the roman chair (reverse situps) and hold some weigh while doing it. Thor might be able to tell ya a little more!!! He knows about that stuff.

Forkin' Crazy
    Damn guys, that sucks. I wish you well....
    RH, does that really work? I am open for almost anything now besides a Dr. visit. I got a bad siatic nerve. Y'all aren't totally alone.

Red Horse
    It has worked for me. Just start off little at a time. I now do about 30 reps holding a 25lb weight. I have been working physically all my life have dealt with back pain for a while before I started this. Maybe a little sore every once in a while, but worth it. I think the muscles take some of the strain off the spine.
    Hell. give it a shot :rollside:

ROZ
    Damn guys, that sucks. I wish you well....
    RH, does that really work? I am open for almost anything now besides a Dr. visit. I got a bad siatic nerve. Y'all aren't totally alone.
    Siatica is no fun...

Quality Time
    He says a fusion will leave me with a chronic bad back for life, with future complications in the future.
    Rick
    I think you need to see another doctor. I have a L3, L4, L5 & S1 fusion with no major complications. The only thing my doc said I could not do was parachute and bungee jump. No problemo doc!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast