Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water in lightning exhaust

mrgoslow
    do any of you who run lightning through transom exhaust dump some water overboard or do you let it all run through exhaust?

TexasJet
    All mine goes thru the Lightning headers. Works just fine. Thermostat keeps the motor at about 160.

mrgoslow
    mine work fine as well but i was wondering if i would see an increase in rpm's by dumping some water before entering exhaust at WOT via micro switch relay and electric valve and if anyone else had tried such.

Taylorman
    If i understand correctly, water mixes with exhaust at the tailpipe correct? I doubt you'll see an rpm increase. I didn't with my Bassetts. How many rpms are you turning and how many hp are you running. I doubt you'll see much increase from no water. I think LVjetboy said he saw a 50 rpm increase with no water and he's running big hp.

PLACECRAFT20
    I run a bypass with the lightnings due to one leaking head gasket. It leaked on the outside but it still made me scared to run them without it.

mrgoslow
    any performance gains @ WOT? exhaust run noticeable warmer?

PLACECRAFT20
    I run a thermostat. The motor runs about 160 degrees all the time. I adjusted my bypass to just keep the headers warm to the touch. I havent had any more head gasket issues. I did not notice any performance gains but I only have about 475hp.

mrgoslow
    thanx for the reply

Liberator TJ1984
    mine work fine as well but i was wondering if i would see an increase in rpm's by dumping some water before entering exhaust at WOT via micro switch relay and electric valve and if anyone else had tried such.
    M.S.
    Use the micro switch to Dump a little Nitrous :hammer2: that'll get them RPM's Up

mrgoslow
    it will also do wonders for the hypereutectics!
    chris, when are you arriving @ medina?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast