I have a few questions. I dont post much but read when I can.
I have 19' 1980 record7. At 84mph it proposes badly. What should I try first or is most likely to fix it.
Should I try a wedge down on the droop? I have two 2 deg wedges that I can try. Or should I adjust the ride plate down until it stops. I already went 2 deg down on the ride plate & didn't seem to help. If it did It was not enough to notice.
So I done know if more is a waste of time on the ride plate or if it should be 4-6 deg down? How much would start to make it go slower? I have a few questions.
Also I has a pressure gauge hooked up & am not sure what it should read or if its working right? It says 21-25psi (bounces) Should it say more? It goes slower when I go 1 size bigger or 1 size smaller than the red nozzle in the place diverter. I don't remember if the pressure drops or pics up with another size than the red nozzle.
I also have a shoe, no hook, speed coat & a spoon shaped hump before the intake. The pump is not set back.
I did it the dumb way & got everything at one time so I have a lot of tuning to do. I had the money at the time & knew it was now or never. I had it all done about a yr 1/2 ago. I can only do about an hour or so at a time alone. Because usually when I'm out with the family its for fun not tuning.
Motor has 500-525hp.
Anyone experience this & fix it one way or the other let me know. Then I can work on trying different cuts on the shoe & other things like more Hp.